Cataract Surgery

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy

Reaction score
I had one eye done yesterday and the other is in three weeks.So far so good.I have always been nearsighted so with one eye corrected for distance viewing it is a little disconcerting for a bit.

I had both eyes done last fall. Vision is now 20/20. I was nearsighted. I miss my close up vision and have to wear glasses to read. Everything else is perfectly clear and colors bright and beautiful without glasses. I can wake up in the morning and see so well. Like a miracle.
I had gotten to where I could not see well to drive nor could I see cows way off in the pasture. Did not know it was cataracts. I knew I had some, but not bad enough for surgery. They got worse all at once.
Your vision will really clear up in about three days. I hope yours will do as well as mine. You will be very pleased.

all the people that i know that had both eyes done the 1st eye is right and they see good from it.the 2nd eye is the 1 that doesnt do to good.as most cant see like they should from it.

Mine started about 17 years ago but in the last six months have grown significantly and the glare from oncoming headlights was really bothersome. Looking forward to.not having to use the postoperative eye drops,they are annoying to.me.

Best thing I ever did for myself. 20/15 left eye and 20/20 right eye. HOWEVER I can't see crap up close.

They are starting to mess with my eye doc said he could tell my future would involve cataract surgery.
The one that is worse to me is where they have to lift peoples eyelids. They never look quite right again.

hurleyjd":3t12ta3i said:
Okay can any one tell me what the eye surgery cost was

Hurley I had it done about 5 years ago and at the time had a high deductible so just told the doctor it would be "patient pay". Best I remember at that time it was only $1,500 per eye....had I filed on insurance it would have been at least double that. (so his office said). I'm sure it's more than that now but the operation is quick, simply and painless......after the dilation goes down there is a bit of blurred vision for 2-3 days. It's like switching from incandescent to LED lighting.

I have not gotten a bill yet. I just had my post surgery checkup today for the first eye. The second surgery is in a couple weeks.

My Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance and Medicare took care of all of mine. I paid a $95 copayment both times.
Amount billed for each eye was $4,720.00.

I had my second eye done this AM. I can't see well.close up as it is still.blurry but distance sight is amazing.
Still have not gotten a bill.for either surgery yet.

I am nearsighted so after cataract surgery my far off vision is wonderful, but cannot read a thing without my glasses with bifocals. I really miss my close up vision, but am thankful for the 20/20 vision without glasses.

Williamsv":1xeww8z8 said:
I am nearsighted so after cataract surgery my far off vision is wonderful, but cannot read a thing without my glasses with bifocals. I really miss my close up vision, but am thankful for the 20/20 vision without glasses.

me too :frowns:

I was nearsighted too and if I had it to do over, I would stay the same and keep my close up vision. I can't thread a needle, read small print, and several other annoying things. It's too bad you don't know exactly what you are getting into when making those kind of decisions.

I know exactly what you mean. I really miss my close up vision. My doctor told me that I would lose it, but I had no idea that it would be this bad. I cannot read labels or prices in a store without glasses. I know I can't thread a needle. I say every day that I wish I had left my eyes alone. But I had gotten to the point that I could not see well enough to drive. Dark colored cars just blended into the pavement. I really did not have much choice, but still wear my glasses with bifocals for all close up work.

You can get multifocal lenses now so that you can see up close and at a distance... mind you, you have to fork over money for those cadillac lenses. Do your research before you get cataract surgery. I think they are called Restore lenses and another manufacturer is Cristal ( sp?) With those type you Never need glasses again.