cat sick

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
One of my cats is sick this morning-9 years old,was running and playing last night,is throwing up and can't walk across the floor this morning! Only thing new in the house is a box I got a shipment of yarn in that they were playing in/on last night.. This cat nearly died about 6 years ago from Harts Mtn flea stuff,the kind you drop on,the other 2 were fine then and are fine today..Could there have been something in/on the box to keep bugs out of the yarn?? If so,what? Of course it's Sunday----And of course I have very little money.. Any suggestions.

OK,have washed the cat in warm water and Dawn dishwashing soap--figgured it was good enough for ducks and pelicans it's good enough to get any (if any) bug stuff residue off a cat.Worked last time. Should have sold tickets! If she hadn't been weak and disorented I'da never been able to do it--I'll see how it goes. What a thing before breakfast! BTW She weighs 17lb! That's quite a bit for me to lug around..

Feel the back legs/paws and see if they're cooler than the front legs/paws. If they are, there is a good chance your cat has thrown a clot called a saddle thrombus, and it isn't good. If the pads are non-pigmented, they would look pale vs pink. If they're warm and pink, it cannot be this, consider the chance she's eaten something and it's stuck as well as eaten something toxic. Sorry I can't give you an easy fix.

The only thing different is the box. She seems to be better after the bath,I really scrubbed her feet. At least she's on the couch back instead of crouched on the floor in that "sick kitty" posture and she's starting to breath normaly again. Was breathing short and fast,mouth closed. I think it was a contact poison in the box to protect the yarn from bugs.
The other cats didn't react last time or this time..
Thanks for the info,mabe what I did worked,mabe it didn't,but the cat is better..Don't know what I'd have done if I'da woke up to a dead cat!

Latest posts