Cat Has Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I have a rather weird problem.
My cat dipped her tail into a scented candle and the end is covered with wax. :?
Anybody know how to get wax out of hair?? :lol2:
Dumb cat.

Does the tail smell good? You might have your very own mobile air freshener... :cowboy:

If fluffy is an indoor cat, just take a pair of trimmers and shave the hair off.

My cat caught her tail on fire, well, actually it was just smoking but still, the furr was burned prettty good but all the hair grew back nice and soft....but i don't have an answer for your question/delema

I luv herfrds":2xun8rxh said:
My cat dipped her tail into a scented candle and the end is covered with wax. :?
Dumb cat.

did you try relighting it?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Will see if I can trim it out, no I didn't try re-lighting her tail. The candle was in a candle warmer.
Poor cat is 90% blind and is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

If you freeze the wax it should just break off the hair, try an ice cube ...............do not put the cat in the freezer.. :lol2:

Good luck, poor cat..

Actually HD I was thinking of borrowing the husbands electric shaver, using the beard trimmer, and just shave her tail. ;-) :lol2:

Had to work on a cats rear end many years ago with my vet friend who was as tuff a cowboy as I have ever known. About 5 minutes into the operation the only words he could utter were: For Gods sake don't let go of that son of a gun"

You go shaving anything on the rear end of a cat and you better have a deep seat and a tight rein. :cowboy:

Amazingly if you do a google search for this there are many who have had the same problem! :lol2:
Ice, cutting off and blowdryers seemed to be the top three that I read. Good luck. Poor cat, poor you.

Solved the problem. Cut off the hair with a pair of sharp scissors. Cat looks funny now.

11292008009.jpg

Victoria":3mnn9sm7 said:
Amazingly if you do a google search for this there are many who have had the same problem! :lol2:
Ice, cutting off and blowdryers seemed to be the top three that I read. Good luck. Poor cat, poor you.

I should think that a cat would not take kindly to the sound of blow dryer.

I luv herfrds":313t1jf4 said:
Dumb cat.

Apply an ice cube to the affected area for a minute and the wax should harden enough so you can crumble it with your fingers. It should come right out. Or just throw the cat in the freezer for a while.

What are cats good for anyway?

BeefmasterB":vziir7fs said:
I luv herfrds":vziir7fs said:
Dumb cat.

Apply an ice cube to the affected area for a minute and the wax should harden enough so you can crumble it with your fingers. It should come right out. Or just through the cat in the freezer for a while. I said in an earlier post DO NOT put the cat in the freezer... :help:
What are cats good for anyway?
Shame on you...Angie will have to put you back on the naughty list for this.. :lol2: :cowboy:

hillsdown":3be1vyj9 said:
Shame on you...Angie will have to put you back on the naughty list for this.. :lol2: :cowboy:
Ignore him hd. I am beginning to think he likes the naughty list. :roll: ;-)

3waycross":1dim1bj0 said:
Had to work on a cats rear end many years ago with my vet friend who was as tuff a cowboy as I have ever known. About 5 minutes into the operation the only words he could utter were: For Gods sake don't let go of that son of a gun"

You go shaving anything on the rear end of a cat and you better have a deep seat and a tight rein. :cowboy:

Rub some turpentine on his butt and turn him loose...he'll knock it all off as he goes around all the bushes about 90 mph. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts