castration with Elastrator

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Could someone give detailed instructions in doing castration with an elastrator? We plan to do three calves tomorrow. It seems pretty straight forward but my husband and I want to make sure we do it right. Thanks, Pat
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":79jymh8s said:
: Could someone give detailed instructions in doing castration with an elastrator? We plan to do three calves tomorrow. It seems pretty straight forward but my husband and I want to make sure we do it right. Thanks, Pat<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3rvdagvo said:
: Could someone give detailed instructions in doing castration with an elastrator? We plan to do three calves tomorrow. It seems pretty straight forward but my husband and I want to make sure we do it right. Thanks, Pat<p>Make sure you get BOTH testicles,Get the band high on the sack and keep your fingers out of the way<br>
<br>

[email protected]

> : Could someone give detailed
> instructions in doing castration
> with an elastrator? We plan to do
> three calves tomorrow. It seems
> pretty straight forward but my
> husband and I want to make sure we
> do it right. Thanks, Pat

Most important thing is to get both testicles below the band. Sometimes with the more difficult ones we'll use a piece of twine wrapped around the scrotum holding the testicles down so you're not trying to get the band in the right spot. We give a tetanus toxoid injection at the same time just to be safe.

[email protected]

Latest posts