castration fee??

Help Support CattleToday:

Probably depends on how many and who gets the huevos. Of course we know that this is just a hypothetical and you're not really going to do it for money or else the practicioners would try to get you thirty years in the electric chair for practicing without the DVM behind your name.

The last two I had castrated cost me $4 each and $31 for the farm call. I had it done at the same time I had other cows preg checked and vacinated.

Guess I never got paid for it and on the other hand never had to pay for it. But If it was a friend, or someone wanting to learn I wouldn't charge 'em. Some city cowboy.....well has to be worth at least 70% of what you local vet would charge or even a bit more..... I do have some questions, which should have a bearing on what you'll charge. How old are the calves, what do they have for facilities, what equipment / drugs are you suppling....iodine, tetnis etc., what help will you have, and who will care for any post procedure issues? Good Luck..........

2 or 3 bucks if they have a squeeze chute.
10 bucks if only a head gate.
500 bucks if you have to bulldog them and bite them off.

If you have to bite them off do you give a discount for the free meal, or is that already calculated in?

dun

hillbilly":27xguymm said:
2 or 3 bucks if they have a squeeze chute.
10 bucks if only a head gate.
500 bucks if you have to bulldog them and bite them off.

Might go ahead and swallow on the first few but after that you gotta spit them out......too much testosterone and hillbilly winds up in jail!!

SimmAngus":1r4dolyv said:
Guess I never got paid for it and on the other hand never had to pay for it. But If it was a friend, or someone wanting to learn I wouldn't charge 'em. Some city cowboy.....well has to be worth at least 70% of what you local vet would charge or even a bit more..... I do have some questions, which should have a bearing on what you'll charge. How old are the calves, what do they have for facilities, what equipment / drugs are you suppling....iodine, tetnis etc., what help will you have, and who will care for any post procedure issues? Good Luck..........
to much questions, the calves are already castrated, thanks anyway

Latest posts