Cast Iron Piggy Bank

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Anybody ever seen one of these?

0017X5.jpg

0047X5.jpg

Oh wow, that is neat, Wewild! I've never seen anything like that before, where did you find it?

msscamp":12sa30xb said:
Oh wow, that is neat, Wewild! I've never seen anything like that before, where did you find it?

It came from my dad's folks side.

I looked on ebay and found one that looks like yours. It is item #110114079450. Thought you might want to see her with her paint.

Neat item.

Dont let Al or Jesse know you got it. There will be an entourage of PC well wishers. (I hate having to edit my thoughts) decending on you.

Crowderfarms":1bw022qc said:
Dont let Al or Jesse know you got it. There will be an entourage of PC well wishers. (I hate having to edit my thoughts) decending on you.

Ain't that the truth.

Gate Opener":jdkl8zo1 said:
I looked on ebay and found one that looks like yours. It is item #110114079450. Thought you might want to see her with her paint.

Neat item.

Thanks as I saw them before I posted.

$10 seem cheap.

Wewild":1du3k2vc said:
Gate Opener":1du3k2vc said:

Neat item.

Thanks as I saw them before I posted.

$10 seem cheap.

Yea, I thought so too. I figured it was worth a lot of money and I was really suprised when I saw the price. It is neat that yours has been in your family. Makes it special.

Hey I know, you could fill it up with change and then it will be worth more! :p :)

Gate Opener":1wiivk6d said:
Yea, I thought so too. I figured it was worth a lot of money and I was really suprised when I saw the price. It is neat that yours has been in your family. Makes it special.

Hey I know, you could fill it up with change and then it will be worth more! :p :)

Kinda looks like there may be a difference in the slot.

What do you think?

You've got a good eye. The slot on yours looks wider to me. I missed that. Do you think someone could have made it bigger to get that money out? I know when I was a kid we had a doggy bank that was ceramic or something and we would get a butter knife and work it around to try to get the money back out and we ended up making the hole much bigger. I realize that one is cast iron so it would be much harder to do.

Gate Opener":3g1xfuil said:
You've got a good eye. The slot on yours looks wider to me. I missed that. Do you think someone could have made it bigger to get that money out? I know when I was a kid we had a doggy bank that was ceramic or something and we would get a butter knife and work it around to try to get the money back out and we ended up making the hole much bigger. I realize that one is cast iron so it would be much harder to do.

Maybe it was different molds from different times????

Then maybe not.

If you need to borrow a cutting torch, just let me know.

How big is that thing? Doesn't look like it would hold too many nickels, but nickels are nickels :lol:

My Mom has an old cast iron one that looks like a percheron. Be scared to guess how old it is.

cfpinz

backhoeboogie":eh5dkfjr said:

How big is that thing? Doesn't look like it would hold too many nickels, but nickels are nickels :lol:

In its day it probably held a fortune, today probably just enough to get a Happy meal at McDonald's :(

I purchased on like that from a general store in Oklahoma a few years back. It was painted though. I run across them everynow and then as they are still produced. I loved it, brought it home to my wife, and she hated it so she gave it away.
I think I paid 19.00 for it.

backhoeboogie":3bfhkfmg said:

It is 10 1/2" tall.

Latest posts