Cast iron cooking

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
1# HB meat, chop up half an onion, mushrooms, cup of bread crumbs

49374-C79-20-B0-439-C-8345-F5-F4-D2-FDB44-B.jpg

Form into patties and pour in a little beef broth for a moisture.

474118-B2-B99-F-46-D3-AB52-D71028-F150-FA.jpg

Add in whatever you like.
I'm using taters and corn today and will add green beans about 30 mins before it's ready, but I've used carrots, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and etc

D38529-E7-5881-49-DF-8757-11-B2-A4-D76-E33.jpg

Season with what you like.
This is my go to.
7-BFB968-C-91-A4-49-F7-A0-BF-22952-DF1-EEB6.jpg

My grill runs around 300 degrees so I put it on for a couple hours.

Idk
Hobo dinner, foil pack meal,camping meat type thing.

Real similar to a hamburger steak with potatoes, corn and green beans, but all cook together in a cast iron skillet.

I saw it on FB.
It's surprisingly really good.

I saw another with chicken I'm going to try

You need 2-3 more grills....
:lol:

I like one skillet dinners a lot. Only 2 of us here, so it's about all we do anymore.

I have seen, a stovetop cast iron skillet meatloaf recipe (no oven needed) but have not tried it yet.

greybeard said:
You need 2-3 more grills....
:lol:

I like one skillet dinners a lot. Only 2 of us here, so it's about all we do anymore.

I have seen, a stovetop cast iron skillet meatloaf recipe (no oven needed) but have not tried it yet.

Same here. Less dishes to wash.
I'd like to see the meatloaf recipe

I have not tried the stovetop skillet meatloaf, but this is pretty much the exact ingredient list I use for oven meatloaf, tho I did add a teaspoon of salt and increased the quantity of green pepper and onions. In the oven, I use a 9 x 13 glass pyrex cooking container. Takes 50 minutes total cooktime IN the oven at 350F. IN the oven, I remove it after 40 minutes, and put a bit of ketchup/brown sugar mix on top, then cook it for 10 minutes more. (I check doneness with a meat thermometer..160degF.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/behold-the-amazing-skillet-meatloaf-27108?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly&ftab=reviews

"Not only can you make this meatloaf without heating up your oven (and kitchen) but it also COOKS IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES."

DIRECTIONS
Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
Mix well.
Stir in oats, green pepper and onion.
Crumble ground beef into bowl.
Wash your hands thoroughly, then plunge them right inches.
Once you've got it mixed really well, pat it into a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
Cover the skillet, and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
Turn the heat down to low, and continue to cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meatloaf is done when no longer pink inside, juices run clear, and a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
2 eggs
1⁄2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
2lbs lean ground beef

greybeard said:
I have not tried the stovetop skillet meatloaf, but this is pretty much the exact ingredient list I use for oven meatloaf, tho I did add a teaspoon of salt and increased the quantity of green pepper and onions. In the oven, I use a 9 x 13 glass pyrex cooking container. Takes 50 minutes total cooktime IN the oven at 350F. IN the oven, I remove it after 40 minutes, and put a bit of ketchup/brown sugar mix on top, then cook it for 10 minutes more. (I check doneness with a meat thermometer..160degF.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/behold-the-amazing-skillet-meatloaf-27108?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly&ftab=reviews

"Not only can you make this meatloaf without heating up your oven (and kitchen) but it also COOKS IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES."

DIRECTIONS
Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
Mix well.
Stir in oats, green pepper and onion.
Crumble ground beef into bowl.
Wash your hands thoroughly, then plunge them right inches.
Once you've got it mixed really well, pat it into a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
Cover the skillet, and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
Turn the heat down to low, and continue to cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Meatloaf is done when no longer pink inside, juices run clear, and a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
2 eggs
1⁄2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
2lbs lean ground beef

I'm going to use Italian bread crumbs instead of oats

Hippie Rancher said:
now why'd ya go and ruin that nice dinner by sticking mushrooms in it? :cry2:

:D
I eat mushrooms with most everything.
One of my favorites is to stuff large portabella mushrooms like you would a pepper and grill them.

Cross-7 said:
Idk

Real similar to a hamburger steak with potatoes, corn and green beans, but all cook together in a cast iron skillet.

I saw it on FB.

My wife makes a chicken version with green beans, potatoes, sometimes asparagus and seasons with garlic powder(her favorite spice so she goes heavy)and pours in some creamy Italian dressing. She also uses the cast iron skillet. It's very tasty and rarely any leftovers.

bball said:
Cross-7 said:
Idk

I saw it on FB.

My wife makes a chicken version with green beans, potatoes, sometimes asparagus and seasons with garlic powder(her favorite spice so she goes heavy)and pours in some creamy Italian dressing. She also uses the cast iron skillet. It's very tasty and rarely any leftovers.

That sounds good.
Real similar to the fb recipe.
I like chicken and asparagus then pour Alfredo sauce over it when it's done.