CASH FOR CLUNKERS

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman

Reaction score
here we are blowing up perfectly good engines, in good used cars and sending the rest too the crusher.. while theres folks with out any transportation or driving junk and cant afford any, what the he$# is wrong with this country.. we just turned a good buick roadmaster into pigiron, when just this week a poor black man could'nt afford too fix his impala and had to drag it home.

I think its a good program, heck, if mine gets approved (which I doubt) I will have made money off of that truck. Its still worth more than 4500, but its too much of a hassle to try to sell.

FarmGirl10":2t1o037w said:
I think its a good program, heck, if mine gets approved (which I doubt) I will have made money off of that truck. Its still worth more than 4500, but its too much of a hassle to try to sell.
its a good deal for folks that can afford car payments. but alot of folks here have lost jobs. and homes,,,i heard where this women took her vehicle too the bank the other day. she had never missed a payment not even late,, said im bringing it too you, and save the embarrasment of you coming too get it couldnt make any more payment

alacattleman":2pbq976g said:
FarmGirl10":2pbq976g said:
its a good deal for folks that can afford car payments. but alot of folks here have lost jobs. and homes,,,i heard where this women took her vehicle too the bank the other day. she had never missed a payment not even late,, said im bringing it too you, and save the embarrasment of you coming too get it couldnt make any more payment
Yeah, luckily I can...if i decide to take out a loan. My county is in really bad shape, last I heard our unemployment rate is up 12.5%.

FarmGirl10":s4c41ima said:
Heard on the news that the money is about gone.

Ryder":3msxs3iv said:
FarmGirl10":3msxs3iv said:
Yep, it is, but they said that they wil come up with extra money and pay for anything that had been submitted already. But I'm not counting on it.

CNN - -- House OKs $2 billion in additional funds for cash for clunkers program. Senate votes next week.

BeefmasterB":3dfahkzu said:
CNN - -- House OKs $2 billion in additional funds for cash for clunkers program. Senate votes next week.

Oh he11...just make it 20 billion....ain't nothing but money. I'll say one thing to....this one billion in C for C has stimulated the economy more than the 750 billion stimulus package. Wonder what the cost overrun will be on the healthcare plan if it goes thru?

FarmGirl10":1a62n37w said:
Ryder":1a62n37w said:
FarmGirl10":1a62n37w said:
Yep, it is, but they said that they wil come up with extra money and pay for anything that had been submitted already. But I'm not counting on it.

I'm curious, FarmGirl. If the govt doesn't come up with the money are you still committed to the deal? Do you have possession of the car? Whatcha gonna get?

john250":2pb6eun1 said:
I'm curious, FarmGirl. If the govt doesn't come up with the money are you still committed to the deal? Do you have possession of the car? Whatcha gonna get?
If the govt doesnt come up with the money, I do not have to buy the car. I do not have possession of the car, but other dealers have already given the cars to their buyers. There is a local dealer that is stuck with a loss of $160,000 if the govt doesn't come up with the money. If they come up with the money, I'm going to get a G6. Otherwise I might go buy that '70 Z28 i found. :)

From the vote it looks like it passed 3 to 1 and had a great deal of bi-partisan support....

On Friday, the House passed an additional $2 billion in aid for the Consumer Assistance to Recycle & Save Program by a vote to 316 to 109. The bill (H.R. 3435), known as "cash for clunkers," will shift funding from an energy loan program that was included in the economic stimulus plan passed earlier this year. The Senate plans to take up the legislation early next week.

FarmGirl10":2qhswz54 said:
john250":2qhswz54 said:
If the govt doesnt come up with the money, I do not have to buy the car. I do not have possession of the car, but other dealers have already given the cars to their buyers. There is a local dealer that is stuck with a loss of $160,000 if the govt doesn't come up with the money. If they come up with the money, I'm going to get a G6. Otherwise I might go buy that '70 Z28 i found. :)

The Z28 would be a great car, but not as a daily driver. Been there, done that with a 68 Chevelle SS. The "restoration" work was never finished once it became driveable. You can pass everything but a gas station, UNLESS there is one snowflake on the ground, then you will just fishtail around and not even make it to the gas station. If you really like the G6, the $4500 would probably make the new one the same price as one a year or two old.

MO_cows":3sjbo2xc said:
FarmGirl10":3sjbo2xc said:
john250":3sjbo2xc said:

The Z28 would be a great car, but not as a daily driver. Been there, done that with a 68 Chevelle SS. The "restoration" work was never finished once it became driveable. You can pass everything but a gas station, UNLESS there is one snowflake on the ground, then you will just fishtail around and not even make it to the gas station. If you really like the G6, the $4500 would probably make the new one the same price as one a year or two old.
Lol, yeah. The dealership that its at is owned by a couple of my dads friends and they refused to sell it to me. :frowns: Something about it getting damaged at college and 4 miles per gallon. Blah Blah Blah. Lol. Actually with the rebates an the $4500 its cheaper to buy new.

not trying to but in here, but I took my mom (72) to look at a new vehicle. She has a fully loaded 2004 Ford Explorer with 46,000 mi. I told her to keep it but when she gets her mind on something theres no turning back. She was afraid when the warranty ran out something would happen to it. She wanted to trade for the same make model they offered her 4000.00 for it.They claimed the economy is so bad that no car dealers can get used vehicles financed. The said that they only go by auction estimates now and not the blue book values. Kind of sounds like the cow business

Wish we had that Chevelle back today.....it was just a well used ratty old hot rod when we had it, not a "classic" yet. Just like my mom's Mustang and my dad's 68 Roadrunner from when I was a kid. They were traded in for gas misers in the 70's. :cry2: You younger folks that missed the glory days of the muscle cars really missed out!

upfrombottom":1pm5kxhi said:
not trying to but in here, but I took my mom (72) to look at a new vehicle. She has a fully loaded 2004 Ford Explorer with 46,000 mi. I told her to keep it but when she gets her mind on somthing theres no turning back. She was afraid when the warantee ran out something would happen to it. She wanted to trade for the same make model they offered her 4000.00 for it.They claimed the economy is so bad that no car dealers can get used vehicals financed. The said that they only go by aution estimates now and not the blue book values.
Go back and tell them you bid $14,000 for the new one. :!:

upfrombottom":2pknkwnu said:
not trying to but in here, but I took my mom (72) to look at a new vehicle. She has a fully loaded 2004 Ford Explorer with 46,000 mi. I told her to keep it but when she gets her mind on something theres no turning back. She was afraid when the warranty ran out something would happen to it. She wanted to trade for the same make model they offered her 4000.00 for it.They claimed the economy is so bad that no car dealers can get used vehicles financed. The said that they only go by auction estimates now and not the blue book values. Kind of sounds like the cow business

Maybe you could convince her to buy an extended warranty instead of a new car?? Her Explorer should have plenty of years and miles left in it. Sounds like she's just looking for peace of mind.

upfrombottom":3f5w81nj said:

If she puts in on Craig's List, she an sell it for more than that. I sold my dad's Town and Country minivan for more than that and it was a 2000 model.

You gotta admit, it's kind of nice that the normal people are getting a little help finally.

Up to now, we've just been giving millions to the billionaires.

I don't know who thought of this scheme, but it's darn sure a step in the right direction.

Latest posts