Case MX110

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I was told this week that a Case MX110 and a NH TS110 are the same tractors with different paint and decals. same Motor same tranny same cab,same hydraulics just different colors

I was told this the first time by a NH salesman and the 2nd time by a NH mechanic
Just wondering if any of you had any knowledge of this

We went through the Case and New Holland dealers the same day and heard the same story both places. If you look at the tractors in person they are identical on more models than just the 110's.

Yes, same tractor, the MX120 is a good tractor (even better), the brakes suck, the tractor eats them like candy, the tractor is a warmed over 5240, which is the best tractor ever! Just a mini Magnum, the maxim's have the 6BT Cummins, the same 12-valve thats in the Dodge truck, but with a rotary injection pump like the early ones, still good! You just can't kill the motor or tractor! Again great tractors! They have a great shuttle shift, don't need to clutch if you don't want.

since Case IH owns Ford New Holland, why don't they just make one brand. I mean it all goes in the same pot. Maybe instead of Red or Blue, It should be pink or yellow. Then there would be no confusion. Just a thought.

Eventually the name may change, but I really doubt it. There is too much brand loyalty attached to either the New Holland or the Case name, and thats worth many dollars to a company. Plus it would cost their dealers tens of thousands of dollars to change signage, etc, etc.

Rod

Not usually the same price. Don't know about the tractors, but you can normally buy a new Case-IH baler for thousands of dollars less than the same NH baler.

Rod

Around my area the Case's are usually a few thousand higher. But that could be due to the fact there are 4 New Holland dealer's within 45 minutes from me and the closest Case dealer is about 1 1/2 hour away. That might help in keeping the NH guys a little more honest.

Prices have more to do with the dealers then the manufacture. Again I can't stress enough how good the 5130-5240-MX120 series is! The best little tractors ever made!

I have a 92 Case I-H 5120 80 hp with a 4 cyl Cummins , it is our most used tractor with almost 6000 hours . We have had very few problems with it.

I was mistaken the NH TS 115 and the Case MX110 are the same on the newer NH it is the same as the T6030 and the 6030 also has the cummins engine but from what I can find case does have a better powershift transmission than NH as the trannys aren't identical

My farm has a lot of red paint on it. We have a MX110. I love the tractor. My only complaint is the lack of traction, (no front wheel assist) and lots of little oil leaks. (seems like every tractor on my farm though, leaks someting... somewhere, even the new one!) It has the powershift, and forward reverse shuttle. That makes dealing with roundbails quite convieniant. We have 4500 hours on our tractor with no major repairs to it yet. :)

Latest posts