Case-IH MFWD tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Horseless

Reaction score
Trying to find out some info on these tractors. Looking for a good used one in the 140 to 160 HP range. I am just not familiar with the Case-ih. Any advice on them? How do they compare to the JD 7810's? I am familiar with these. They are just hard to find and when you do, they want way to much for them.

I have a neighbor right now that is looking for a next to new tractor in that hp range. He said that there is a $40000 dollar difference in comparable tractors with JD obviously being the higher dollar tractor. Case-IH tractors are good tractors but they dont hold their resale quite as well as a JD. Down here it is mostly green but I think that has alot to do with service. There are 3 JD dealers within a 45 miles radius of my place, the closeset red dealer is 100 miles in either Glasgow or Sidney. I dont know where your located in the northern part of the state but there seem to be more red dealers up there.

The newer MX tractors you can roughly figure their hp using a simple formula. For example an MX215; take 215 x .85= 182.75hp.
I believe they market that tractor as 180hp. Now with older tractors around ten years old or so the 7220 Magnum is fairly comparable to a 7810.

I just happened to go ride with my neighbor to look at tractors the other day when it was cold so I got a crash course in red paint. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Glasgow is my nearest IH dealer. But its just a catalog outlet store for parts. I sure would like to find someone who would know how they hold up. I was in Williston the other day when it was blizzarding looking at tractors, well the trip was to look at cattle with a neighbor but ended up looking at tractors instead.

CaseIH MFWD tractors are as good as any tractor on the market. The older Magnum series are considered some of the best MFWDs ever built. Better fuel economy than JD, hands down, and cheaper to fix. If you're looking for new, McCormick tractors are EXACTLY the same as the older model Magnums.

Rod

The old Case Magnum tractors are almost bulletproof. They are a solid built tractor, and most people who have owned one say its the best tractor Case ever built. Any of the 7000 series seem to be really good. The 8000 series is still pretty good, and a little bit newer, but once you get into the MX models especially the MX 240, they just aren't built as well as the older models. Our neighbor has a Case 7220, and absolutely loves it and it cost him a whole lot less than the John Deere equivalent that had twice as many hours on it. Not knocking John Deere here, because they are awesome tractors, but oh so expensive to buy.

trying to find out about hydraulic operations on 8950 oil flow will cut off when i connect to implements with hydraulic pumps

We're in the process of looking for a new loader tractor. Everything on our place is green right now, but it's hard to deny the price difference between the green and red paint. Can anyone explain the differences between an MX, MXU, MXM, and every other odd version Case is lettering tractors with. We're looking for something between 115 and 150hp that will be a solid loader but me able to pull a plow or drill if asked. Want to go slightly newer to keep hours low and hopefully salvage some resale down the road.

Latest posts