Case 930 or 1030?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Got the Case 730 gas loader tractor up and running well. Not as many features as the newer ones but I think the design was ahead of it's time and it starts up well.

Now I am tempted now do double down with a 930 or 1030.

Any tips? I heard the Case 1030s were hard on transmissions.

In the eighties the dairy I worked for had a old 930 for the yard tractor, we fed TMR but fed small bales off a flat bed trailer every AM for the higher fiber. Plus all the bedding was put out in small squares.

That Case was never gave any problems and was a great yard tractor, all kinds of kids used it and couldn't tear it up. Keep in mind that was 25 to 30 years ago and they were old at that time. They must be 50 years old now, I don't know how many good ones could be left. GOOD LUCK, If you can find a clean one, I know it would work for you.@

The 8 speed trans in the 930 and 1030 wasn't too bad, occasionaly a ring and pinion, but overall pretty dependable. We probably had more PTO trouble than anything. They had somewhat of a tendancy to crack heads and sleeves, but not bad .

Larry

larryshoat":vrfgdpvp said:
The 8 speed trans in the 930 and 1030 wasn't too bad, occasionaly a ring and pinion, but overall pretty dependable. We probably had more PTO trouble than anything. They had somewhat of a tendancy to crack heads and sleeves, but not bad .

Larry

What kind of PTO problems?

Have you seen more issues with a 930 or a 1030?

Stocker Steve":2d5dmcn1 said:
larryshoat":2d5dmcn1 said:

Larry

What kind of PTO problems?

Have you seen more issues with a 930 or a 1030?

One of the PTO issues with both were that they tended to run when disengaged. The PTO clutches are a pain to adjust too.

Larry

Larry[/quote]
One of the PTO issues with both were that they tended to run when disengaged. The PTO clutches are a pain to adjust too.
Larry[/quote]

Got one that runs when disengaged. Looks like I can get a clean shot at the PTO access port by removing the fender. Bought the shop book and it calls for special adjustment tools that I don't have... :( Any tips on adjusting?

Stocker Steve":3k7xb02x said:
Larry[/quote]

Got one that runs when disengaged. Looks like I can get a clean shot at the PTO access port by removing the fender. Bought the shop book and it calls for special adjustment tools that I don't have... :( Any tips on adjusting?[/quote]

I used to squeeze in there between the tractor and fender and get it. I took a long screwdriver and ground a V in it to pull the clutch pin out. If the fact that it runs all the time is the only adjustment issue I'd leave it alone, no matter what I did they continued to run, just the nature of the beast. If it needs to be tigtened pull the pin out and rotate one notch at a time.

Larry

I have a six speed 930 but in reall good shape ----I put new clutch plates in the pto ---spent hours trying to get it set just right ---finally shortened the arm on the control lever ---BANG there it was.right on ---runs all the --time but not if its hooked up to anything

Carlos D.":3ii82par said:
I have a six speed 930 but in reall good shape ----I put new clutch plates in the pto ---spent hours trying to get it set just right ---finally shortened the arm on the control lever ---BANG there it was.right on ---runs all the --time but not if its hooked up to anything

mine runs if it is hook up... so I need to do some adjusting

I had to replace those clutch plates inside ----WE were grinding feed and my daughter didn't engage the cclutch all the way----didn't take long to burn it out------the plates wern't that expensive (there's about a dozen of them in there)-------adjusting took some time tho -----you dont have much pressure on the lever when it's working properly ---Its chain driven ---good idea to change that when you have it apart----have to pull off the hydraulic pump to get at it ------have a nice day :) :)

Latest posts