Case 60XT

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Anyone have experience/issues with a Case 60XT. Looking at buying a 2004 with 750 hours. Thanks in advance.

Go buy it today before someone else does. Buddies run a 500 cow dairy. Run all 40 and 60xt. Easy to fix and no emission crap. Next series after 60xt was 430/435, they were junk. We had 40 and 60xt and just traded them with high hours. We are now on 210 and 280. Decent but emissions is awful.

Good machines depending on what your plans are with it. Its only an 1800lb capacity machine so its middle of the road as far as size goes. Big enough to do some work but small enough you have to be careful not to overload it.

XTs were the last series that used Cummins engines. Good machines.

We have a 430 that has been really good. Almost 3k hours now, probably 1/3rd of them running a grapple that is really a little too big for it. Spends a lot of time on the front wheels. It has the FPT engine that has been very solid. We had some trouble early on with the lockout solenoid, but CNH updated the part and it's been trouble free for many years now.

About the worst trouble we have is fuel system related. Not sure why but it's always the worst about gelling.

Anyone have experience/issues with a Case 60XT. Looking at buying a 2004 with 750 hours. Thanks in advance.
Low hours... should be a good machine. I run a 70xt. They have good motors like Atimm693 said. On ours the water pump was replaced at 2500 hours. Equipment pump was replaced this year. Wear and tear stuff. I have replaced lots of hoses including the fuel line. Fuel gelling should not be an issue - put additive in your fuel. I always do when temperatures start dropping under 40F. Cows chewed on the heater cord and I put a new end on it.

Do you have an option to inspect the machine? I would raise the cab and take a quick look. Only 750 hours it should look new. Hoses should not have any blisters.

Low hours... should be a good machine. I run a 70xt. They have good motors like Atimm693 said. On ours the water pump was replaced at 2500 hours. Equipment pump was replaced this year. Wear and tear stuff. I have replaced lots of hoses including the fuel line. Fuel gelling should not be an issue - put additive in your fuel. I always do when temperatures start dropping under 40F. Cows chewed on the heater cord and I put a new end on it.

Do you have an option to inspect the machine? I would raise the cab and take a quick look. Only 750 hours it should look new. Hoses should not have any blisters.
Yes, I'm going to go down and inspect it first.

Guy insisted I bring cash to Houston. I decided if it's to good to be true, it's is. My gut said not to take $1000's in cash to a Craigslist deal. I offered a cashiers check but he still insisted on as much cash as possible. I'll kept looking. Found a Cat 226b, more hours(1700), more money but local. If I take care of it, hopefully I can pull another 4000 hours out of it.

Not a big fan of the B series Cat machines. Replaced and heard about many more drive couplers stripping out. Also electrical issues can be a problem.

Guy insisted I bring cash to Houston. I decided if it's to good to be true, it's is. My gut said not to take $1000's in cash to a Craigslist deal. I offered a cashiers check but he still insisted on as much cash as possible. I'll kept looking. Found a Cat 226b, more hours(1700), more money but local. If I take care of it, hopefully I can pull another 4000 hours out of it.
Yes. Listen to the gut. That said, I prefer cash myself.

If it was legit you'd think the guy would've been open to a cashier's check or a wire transfer or something.

I think it's appropriate for big purchases like that. I'm not all that comfortable carrying thousands in cash around, but a lot of people do.

I get the not wanting to do a cash deal but I also understand the only wanting cash part. Just have to do a deal you feel comfortable with.

FWIW I have a 262B Cat with 4300+ hrs on it that has been a very trouble free machine. If you ran the Case then ran the Cat you would never look back. A 226 is a fairly small machine however.

Latest posts