Case 450 dozer help. injection pump leaking

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
leaking bad at the throttle lever.

anywhere to get parts? 1978 188 case engine.

easy fix?

always something :deadhorse:

ddd75":zu4fi92k said:

easy fix?

You looking for a seal kit? Or a new pump?

SteppedInIt":2ks202h3 said:
ddd75":2ks202h3 said:

easy fix?

You looking for a seal kit? Or a new pump?

just a seal kit or whatever i need for the throttle.

I can buy the kit at my local injector place it's just a couple of o rings and washer and a gasket for cap. If you can get it apart without damaging the gasket and pull the throttle pin you can just replace the o ring till your kit comes in.

M-5":wte8c0d8 said:
I can buy the kit at my local injector place it's just a couple of o rings and washer and a gasket for cap. If you can get it apart without damaging the gasket and pull the throttle pin you can just replace the o ring till your kit comes in.

so that pin will slide out once I take the top off and linkages off?

Do you think it can be done without taking the entire pump off?

thanks

Yes, get a pic of it.. if its a CAV pump, they're really easy to do, and usually can be done on the equipment.. Up here the kit to do the entire pump costs $25.. a little more involved.. I've done 3 of them this year already

Before and after.. suffered from the same throttle shaft leaks

sorry for the delay !

thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

attachment.php

Just order a kit for it.

http://www.dandcdiesel.com/

does that throttle pin just slide out .. it doesn't look like it comes apart anywhere

I have it taken apart but I can't get the butterflies off .. how do I do it

I"d try to get that serial tag cleaned off to find out exactly what pump it is.. It doesn't look like a CAV DPA pump to me, looks more like a Roosa Master like on our JD 350B crawler (shape of inspection cover on the side).. I've never had that one apart, but I don't imagine it's all that much different.. I'd get the kit, then reseal the entire thing... I'd probably dunk it in paint remover and get it all cleaned up rather than fighting to keep paint chips out of places they oughtn't be

How do you like that little dozer? Look a little like this one? wanted to buy it but the guy wanted too much for it and the reverser isn't working

yes its a roosa master.

I got it all apart.. it had a "J" type washer holding them together.

I have it all back together but haven't fired it up yet.. got to late last night. Might go out after eating and try it.

oh yea its been a good little dozer. pretty powerful for its size . it'll push a dirt pile about as big as it.

I heard they had lots of power too.. in fact they should have been a little heavier to really use the power. Looks like a nimble little unit that can get into tight spots

Nesikep":3vyqhk7h said:
I heard they had lots of power too.. in fact they should have been a little heavier to really use the power. Looks like a nimble little unit that can get into tight spots

i've had this thing in spots with literally inches all the way around. I can't believe i can get it into places. My has limb risers and a top. with that mine weighs around 13k.

Our JD350B is about 12K lbs.. the rocks I've dug out and moved around with that thing are surprising... rocks a good mid-sized excavator had a hard time with... a lot of stuff on it is getting pretty tired though.. clutches, pads, rock guards, and front main seal all need some work

Latest posts