CASE 2090

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB

Reaction score
We have a 2090 Case that after running a discbine for 2-3 hours the "TRANS HYD" light comes on and you have to really rev the engine up in order to get the machine to lift and pivot. The fluid level is fine, and filters were just replaced. I used the tractor last week for both cutting and baling and had no trouble. After cooling down it is fine again.

The book mentions a breather but I can't find were it is located. I don't see and the book doesn't seem to say anything about an oil cooler so I am assuming there isn't one on this tractor. My thought is the oil is getting too hot for some reason. Everything else on the tractor acts normal. Please don't say it is the pump.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

ChrisB

I am unfamiliar with the 2090 Case. However, with the light coming on after the tractor has run for a few hours indicates to me that you are correct that the oil is over heating. I suggest that you check to see if there is a pressure relief valve with a broken relief spring or something as simple as a control valve that has gotten knocked or kicked into a lift or drop position and is hung there. Listen to try to determine if there is an unusual squealing noise being emitted when the engine is revved. Post your findings. Good luck.

There is an oil cooler in front of the radiator and since you don't know it's there I assume you've never cleaned it. I would check that first.

Larry

The slides on the hood are froze so it's a pain to get under the hood and I couldn't see an oil cooler from the sides or through the front.

Anyway, the cooler looks pretty clean but blew it out anyway. If I can get a few days without rain in the forcast I will see if that takes care of the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts