Carpenter Bees

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Is anyone else seeing a large amount of carpenter bees around this year? I got tons of them around and I have been trying to spray all the wood.

I was just fixing to talk to the guy that sprays our house about them. I walked outside this morning and seen sawdust on the porch. I hate those things. What are you spraying the wood with?

Jogeephus":3tyvdll4 said:
I made some traps and they are working pretty good.

Jog, There is a market for these pest around here, would you share how you trap them critters?

Oh, I hate those things! There is always one or two buzzing around the front porch. You gotta crawl under the porch and get in some next to impossible positions to find their holes. I did manage to get one that was flying with the "flip flops of death" but usually they are too fast for me.

Tell us about your trap, Jo. What do you bait them with?

Carpenter Bees all wood house major issue. Tried self spray, exterminator spray(Mega Bucks), all
approx 30 day control. Wife nix respray for have to re clean windows (contract 2-3 story). Best option appears
to be the traps, I catch and dump 1/2 pint jar 2-3 times per season. Theses similar to described by Jogeephus.
Not as bad as described by my BIL this weekend. Mid 80's he had all wood house down road from Lindbergh house in New Jersey , said worse was woodpeckers after bee eggs and larvae, said they tear up 12-16 inch fascia board and no option but replace. Rough cedar cooking deck, sprayed last month, have more in trap than dead from insecticide contact., so I question the $300 I paid to treat that.

Fly-guy":ic2lgbkf said:
Jogeephus":ic2lgbkf said:
I made some traps and they are working pretty good.

Jog, There is a market for these pest around here, would you share how you trap them critters?

Here is the link that will take you to the picture of my setup. Easy enough to make. The key to make it work really well is to kill a bee, preferably a female, and put it in the bottle. The pheromones will attract others and once they go in they aren't coming out. I have about 30 in one trap and don't have many bees anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=76995&hilit=bee+trap

These traps work., work better if You invest in western cedar. People complain only catch 3-4/season. My input You don't have a problem. Have all wood house, 3 traps, and dump 1/2 pint jar 2-3 times per season.

Latest posts