Carl Edwards out of racing.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":34oia0lq said:
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/11/carl-edwards-steps-away-from-nascar-avoids-retirement.html

I wonder what's really up with this? He's been so close to winning it all it a few times. I wish him nothing but the best.
I wonder too. Always thought he was a heck of a driver and a real sportsman as well. Nothing but best wishes for him.

You know, I wasn't too surprised when I saw this. Something he said in the interview after Joey put him in the wall had me thinking he was done. Of course now I don't remember it, and it's easy to say that post fact, but I'm still not surprised.

I love Gordon to death, but Edwards would easily outshine him in the booth.

It was surprising to me a little bit. But not near as surprising as the 30 year old that just one the Formula 1 championship retiring 5 days after he won it.

wacocowboy":3obndz91 said:
I heard it was health problems and that Gibbs wants him to remain on the team in some capacity.

Edwards? I thought he was the definition of great health. I can think of 3 drivers (Stewart, Vickers, Bayne), not to mention Junior, with issues.

warped04":2jb6be1i said:
wacocowboy":2jb6be1i said:
I heard it was health problems and that Gibbs wants him to remain on the team in some capacity.

Edwards? I thought he was the definition of great health. I can think of 3 drivers (Stewart, Vickers, Bayne), not to mention Junior, with issues.

That's what they said on the radio today, then they had a piece from Gibbs talking about wanting him to stay with the team.

I liked Carl but lost interest in racing once Mark Martin got out. I just couldn't find another driver I liked as well.

I can understand not taking risks anymore as he stated. I think number three in the article may have been his number 1 but I could be wrong.

What I think and don't do at 31, I thought about and did at 25, and didn't bat an eye at 19.

If I keep at this rate I'll be a hermit by 50. :D

wacocowboy":2jco7ei2 said:
News reports indicate he is in good health, and wants to remain so. That was a violent hit he took at the end of last season. Maybe makes a man think about the future,

Latest posts