Careless hunter

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
We just had a fire in our county, burned up 100 round bales plus 30 acres of grazing land caused by a bow hunter throwing a cigarette in the dry grass, I hope he realized how much damage he did by be careless.

I'm guessing he also gets a lot of nonresident people in his area, specially during hunting season. These people are labeled hunters, because they lease land to hunt and you only see them when they come out to.......hunt...

I found a reddish brown cow dead with a pink arrow and satellite broad head stuck in it's side.

I can't stand people throwing cigarettes out. I've fired a few employees over the years for throwing cigarettes down on customers property.
Finally realized that you just can't stop them completely and went to no smoking period at work. Not even allowed to have them. I've gave in a few times but every time I do I'll walk a fenceline and find cigarette butts. I don't get it.
They're saying the lost pine fire was caused by someone shredding a pasture. Everyone needs to be careful. The grass is explosive right now

fenceman":3qtorc8r said:
I can't stand people throwing cigarettes out. I've fired a few employees over the years for throwing cigarettes down on customers property.
Finally realized that you just can't stop them completely and went to no smoking period at work. Not even allowed to have them. I've gave in a few times but every time I do I'll walk a fenceline and find cigarette butts. I don't get it.
They're saying the lost pine fire was caused by someone shredding a pasture. Everyone needs to be careful. The grass is explosive right now

I'm in 100% agreement with you Fenceman.

M.Magis
I apologize if my statement was viewed a theme, I did not mean it that way. I will be the first to defend hunters and the right to own guns. Their is a small group of so called hunters that give the responsible hunters a bad name, they do not respect the game laws or other people's property. I have little patience with that very small percentage. I have one such neighbor that fits in that category.

fenceman":3eot0dui said:
Don;t they have back pockets? I put mine out on my shoe and stick the butt in my back pocket till I get to a trash can. Pocket gets pretty dam full after a day since I'll go through a pack or more in that time.

I was getting the idea that it may have been an anti-hunter rant, and if that's not the case I apologize. My main point was that it doesn't matter why they were there, they were careless and they should be accountable.

dun":1kd8sty7 said:
fenceman":1kd8sty7 said:
Don;t they have back pockets? I put mine out on my shoe and stick the butt in my back pocket till I get to a trash can. Pocket gets pretty dam full after a day since I'll go through a pack or more in that time.

I just pictured some wingnut catching his britches on fire and getting burned. Me having to pay the er bill and his time off since he was on the clock. :nod:

TennesseeTuxedo":1e9e10qf said:
fenceman":1e9e10qf said:

I'm in 100% agreement with you Fenceman.

Same here... they are the first ones to cry about pay too. Thread should say Careless Smoker.

Two things I would not allow on my property... smoking and a bow hunting.

I wish they would make the oil rigs no smoking. Seems like we pick up five gallons of butts every time we move off one hole to go to another.

dun":3s71shrm said:
Don;t they have back pockets? I put mine out on my shoe and stick the butt in my back pocket till I get to a trash can.

When I used to smoke, that's what I would do. I'd put them out, "field- strip" them then in my pocket they would go.

fenceman":m2z2ybry said:
dun":m2z2ybry said:
fenceman":m2z2ybry said:

I just pictured some wingnut catching his britches on fire and getting burned. Me having to pay the er bill and his time off since he was on the clock. :nod:
He said he put them out on his shoe. Sounds good enough to me.

Latest posts