caramel ice cream topping

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
The best caramel topping i have ever had was at Beernsteins in Manitowoc WI a cool little candy and ice cream parlor-I am wondering does anyone have a caramel topping recipe, it has to have real cream in it-let me know
I tried a recipe last week-disaster-so on to another one

Thanks

I just learned today that you can get a can of condensed sweet milk and cook it in boiling water for 3 hours to make caramel. And its pretty darned good.

They do that with condensed goat milk in Mexico. It's called Leche Quemada. and yes it's great

Do u put the condensed milk in the water or boil it like a double boiler method by itself?

Put a pan full of water on and get it boiling. Drop the can right in the water sideways so it will roll around and not rattle on bottom of the pan. I actually poured it into a mason jar so i could see how it was going.

All I've ever done is melt together equal quantities of butter and golden syrup, or soft brown sugar - usually syrup. Then pour it over the bowl of icecream; it's darker and stickier if allowed to boil but I like it either way.

I guess it never occurred to me that there could be anything better tasting around. It might be interesting to try it with cream instead of butter.

I found this recipe it is pretty good, but not yet the duplicate from Beernsteens-

1 stick of butter
3/4C brown sugar
1/2 C heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
touch of sea salt (optional)

Melt butter in saucepan, over medium heat, add brown sugar, and whisk. Add cream, bring to boil, reduce to low, simmer and cook for 5 minutes.Stir frequently. Add vanilla and sea salt, serve warm or cool(will thicken as it cools)

Pretty tasty-yum yum 8)

Latest posts