Caproni's on the River

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Was there last night with old college buddies. Hard to believe 47 years have passed.

Restaurant is on the banks of the Ohio River.

320 Rosemary Clooney St, Maysville, KY 41056

I see Nick Clooney (Rosemary Clooney's son) and George Clooney there on occasion. They treat you like a family friend. Very rare to see people that are that nice.

Picture I took last night of a picture of Rosemary:

t0onc2.jpg

Many famous people have been here and sign a dinner plate. Lots of the actors in the Rosemary Clonney era have been there. Also, some of the most famous boxers of that era. I know these two are favorites here on CT:

4v0h0x.jpg

ziw3cx.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":2ifiu4mt said:
Liberal enclave. You were right at home.

The original owners (I heard it has changed hands, not once but a couple times) were clearly of the Democratic party. Although, going through the plates, there are a few that I think are Republican.

ga.prime":lio9mrhw said:
Is the food any good there?

Atmosphere is best. Sitting only 30 feet above the river. Both bridges in view.

I think the house salad is excellent. I like the salmon and asparagus.

First bridge is Simon Kenton Bridge. My great maternal grandfather worked on it in 1932.

2lbdmpc.jpg

35ck1fa.jpg

The William H. Harsha bridge is a cable-stayed bridge carrying U.S. Route 62 and U.S. Route 68 that connects Maysville, Kentucky, and Aberdeen, Ohio, over the Ohio River. It is named for William Harsha, who represented the Ohio portion of the area in the United States House of Representatives. Construction on the bridge started in 1997 and it opened in 2000. The bridge has a main span of 1050 feet (320 meters) and a total span of 2,100 feet (640 m). The Simon Kenton Bridge, a suspension bridge built in 1932, is nearby.

Bright Raven":34ur42yp said:
Was there last night with old college buddies. Hard to believe 47 years have passed.

Restaurant is on the banks of the Ohio River.

320 Rosemary Clooney St, Maysville, KY 41056

I see Nick Clooney (Rosemary Clooney's son) and George Clooney there on occasion. They treat you like a family friend. Very rare to see people that are that nice.

Picture I took last night of a picture of Rosemary:

t0onc2.jpg

Many famous people have been here and sign a dinner plate. Lots of the actors in the Rosemary Clonney era have been there. Also, some of the most famous boxers of that era. I know these two are favorites here on CT:

4v0h0x.jpg

ziw3cx.jpg

I would have walked out after seeing those plates. If I known they were in there I would have never entered the joint much less knowingly buy something from a supporter.

That's pretty cool location, BR. Salmon and asparagus is an excellent combo. I grill them over charcoal fairly often, probably 8 to 10 times a year.

I stay away from any place that has pics or autographs of 'kewl kids' or so called 'beautiful people'.
I don't give a crap what the 'rich and famous' eat or where.
I have been in a local place several times that has a big cardboard cutout of Nolan Ryan near the register, but it's because they serve beef from his association. Pretty good food but it's also the place I once had what was probably the worst steak I ever got anywhere.

ga.prime":2mmktmuk said:
That's pretty cool location, BR. Salmon and asparagus is an excellent combo. I grill them over charcoal fairly often, probably 8 to 10 times a year.

Thank you. In the summer you can sit out on the veranda. They have iron wrought tables like this:
jg1frm.jpg

We sat out there last night. Talking about our youth. We ranged from 66 to 70. I was the youngest. Two others went on to become college professors. One in paleontology the other in entomology. One became a lineman for a company called Hinkle and McCoy. Four old men. Lol. All that talk never brought back any of that time. Interesting - everyone of us agreed, the best part of our life was our college years.

greybeard":34j6ssfv said:
I stay away from any place that has pics or autographs of 'kewl kids' or so called 'beautiful people'.
I don't give a crap what the 'rich and famous' eat or where.
I have been in a local place several times that has a big cardboard cutout of Nolan Ryan near the register, but it's because they serve beef from his association. Pretty good food but it's also the place I once had what was probably the worst steak I ever got anywhere.

If I am eating only to refuel, I eat fast food. I only go out like this for company. I am at the age where "been there, ate that". I only go out like this for the social factor.

Bright Raven":4tpy0tk9 said:
ga.prime":4tpy0tk9 said:

Thank you. In the summer you can sit out on the veranda. They have iron wrought tables like this:
jg1frm.jpg

We sat out there last night. Talking about our youth. We ranged from 66 to 70. I was the youngest. Two others went on to become college professors. One in paleontology the other in entomology. One became a lineman for a company called Hinkle and McCoy. Four old men. Lol. All that talk never brought back any of that time. Interesting - everyone of us agreed, the best part of our life was our college years.
More or less it was 4 old men bragging how smart they are.

M-5":3m1w5tgq said:
Bright Raven":3m1w5tgq said:
ga.prime":3m1w5tgq said:

jg1frm.jpg

More or less it was 4 old men bragging how smart they are.

Yeah

Bright Raven":271u13ry said:
TennesseeTuxedo":271u13ry said:

The original owners (I heard it has changed hands, not once but a couple times) were clearly of the Democratic party. Although, going through the plates, there are a few that I think are Republican.
I
But you didn't post pics of those plates. :(

TennesseeTuxedo":2g8jk2vy said:
Bright Raven":2g8jk2vy said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2g8jk2vy said:

I
But you didn't post pics of those plates. :(

Next time I go, I will. Promise.

Sounds like a nice place to eat. I rarely go to places like that because of the paparazzi. It's hard enough to shake them as it is and I'm sure they are just lurking around nice restaurants like that and going there is just asking for trouble and I also find it hard to eat when I'm busy signing plates and women't chests and stuff. ;-)

Jogeephus":3q7fgyce said:
Sounds like a nice place to eat. I rarely go to places like that because of the paparazzi. It's hard enough to shake them as it is and I'm sure they are just lurking around nice restaurants like that and going there is just asking for trouble and I also find it hard to eat when I'm busy signing plates and women't chests and stuff. ;-)

No fear. Caproni's is on the River side of the massive Maysville Flood Wall. You have to pass through a massive door to enter the parking lot.

When you visit, we will post True Grit outside with orders to shoot anyone who attempts to enter. Preferably behind the left ear.

2lxtr7q.jpg

I have been there. Great food, good scenery, and a nice place. The stuff BR is posting is in the room before you enter, you could easily miss it if you are not waiting to be seated. The view inside is great, and the food is worth the price. If you are in the area, it is worth visiting.

Below is my favorite mural on the Maysville Flood Wall. Imagine you are in a tobacco barn looking out toward the tobacco patch and homestead. That is the tobacco hanging from the tier poles.
29pb3ae.jpg

Latest posts