can't sleep just a ramblin

Help Support CattleToday:

I get 4 to 5 hrs a night . I get up at 3 am to go to work when I work days . Usually catch a 15 min nap about 3 . When I work nights I get in bed by 6 am and up before noon . I don't use a alarm clock . Even on my days I'm off which are few I wake up at 3 .

JSCATTLE":e1s3nnja said:
I get 4 to 5 hrs a night . I get up at 3 am to go to work when I work days . Usually catch a 15 min nap about 3 . When I work nights I get in bed by 6 am and up before noon . I don't use a alarm clock . Even on my days I'm off which are few I wake up at 3 .

I didn't mind shift work at all on the 8 hour schedule.
On 8 hour shift you could get a lot done and still have a life.
Hated working 12's. Worked about 15 years of both.

Caustic Burno":bww7mrsh said:
JSCATTLE":bww7mrsh said:

I didn't mind shift work at all on the 8 hour schedule.
On 8 hour shift you could get a lot done and still have a life.
Hated working 12's. Worked about 15 years of both.
I prefer 12s . One of the jobs on my unit is 8 hrs strait days. But if I have to be there every day I'd much rather 60 hours than 40

Caustic Burno":3nd6erhy said:
I have always attributted it to clean living and a clear conscience :mrgreen:
Dam right Vern....some of us have a clear conscious. Don't even set an alarm.

Or a narcissistic sociopath without a conscious. :shock:

Not at all.......just a body and soul as pure as the new fallen snow. Appears maybe me and 3way got it. You others are condemned to a life of waking, walking, peeing, flushing,......an hour later repeat. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

I work in medical, I take x-rays for a living. I have seen, in the 8 years I've been doing this, a rise in the weight of Americans, especially children. My child is 4, weighs about 35 lbs, and he's considered underweight. I have worked with children in middle school who weigh over 300 lbs. I have taken x-rays of people who are literally twice as heavy as I am. The worst example I have seen was an individual who was bungeed into a vehicle that was in an accident. They lost a leg. 725 lbs. I have read that this generation of children is the first to have a shorter expected lifespan than their parents. The food we are feeding them is crap. I'm not for big government, but we need to step in. I have read that state governments consider pizza sauce a vegetable for school lunches. I just about fell over. Unfortunately, that's the tip of the ice berg. We are killing our kids with horrible food and lack of exercise. :secret: :drink:

It's the parents fault, and the systems fault. We were at the grocery store and soft drinks must of been on sale. A big ugly fat lady bought 6 cases of soda, and paid with a peach card. The government doesn't buy my food so they have no right telling me what to eat. But the folks on welfare should not be allowed to buy junk foods with food stamps.

TexasBred":1oct0pgx said:
Caustic Burno":1oct0pgx said:

Not at all.......just a body and soul as pure as the new fallen snow. Appears maybe me and 3way got it. You others are condemned to a life of waking, walking, peeing, flushing,......an hour later repeat. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

I will buy that on 3 Way. TB your just a narcissistic sociopath wearing Depends is the only reason
you are not trotting to the little boys room.

I agree that people on welfare should not be allowed to buy junk food. Most are overweight already, so they end up costing tax payers for their health problems many caused by obesity. I see them lined up at the bakery in a nearby town buying cakes, doughnuts, and all kinds if sweets with their EBT cards. I notice their carts are full of junk food and frozen meals to cook in microwave.
I never shall forget college professors saying in 1975 when I was working on my masters, that certain women were overweight because they had nothing to eat but dried peas and beans. Thy are not eating them now. They are filling up in every restaurant that you go in , and some are so big that they can hardly fit on the chair. That is why I stay away from buffets.
It is a shame that the government is paying for junk food to fatten them up and make taxpayers pay their hospital and doctor bills for diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart problems caused
by obesity.
I wish I knew the answer to all this country's problems. They are so far gone until I don't have much hope anymore.

Williamsv":2or42d2i said:
I agree that people on welfare should not be allowed to buy junk food. Most are overweight already, so they end up costing tax payers for their health problems many caused by obesity. I see them lined up at the bakery in a nearby town buying cakes, doughnuts, and all kinds if sweets with their EBT cards. I notice their carts are full of junk food and frozen meals to cook in microwave.
I never shall forget college professors saying in 1975 when I was working on my masters, that certain women were overweight because they had nothing to eat but dried peas and beans. Thy are not eating them now. They are filling up in every restaurant that you go in , and some are so big that they can hardly fit on the chair. That is why I stay away from buffets.
It is a shame that the government is paying for junk food to fatten them up and make taxpayers pay their hospital and doctor bills for diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart problems caused
by obesity.
I wish I knew the answer to all this country's problems. They are so far gone until I don't have much hope anymore.

This all starts with FDR and goes on the fast track with LBJ's Great Society
again killing social order and rewriting the laws of nature.
The other side is just as guilty with the Common Core dummy down educational system.
The really scary part is they do not recognize that they are enslaved to the system and have
become chattel. One or two more generations they will have the majority of the country dumb down so bad they couldn't escape if they wanted to.

I am with TB and 3way. I go to bed shortly after 10:00 and up between 5:00 and 6:00. When I lay down I am asleep in a minute or two. And it is very rare for me to have to get up in the middle of the night. When I do have to get up in the middle of the night it is because I drank too much water late in the evening.

Dave":2xst57vs said:
I am with TB and 3way. I go to bed shortly after 10:00 and up between 5:00 and 6:00. When I lay down I am asleep in a minute or two. And it is very rare for me to have to get up in the middle of the night. When I do have to get up in the middle of the night it is because I drank too much water late in the evening.
Water????? I'll just say it's when I drank to much.... :lol2:

Lay down at 9 or so and am out within minutes. Wake up around 6. Drink to much beer every evening so it's one bathroom break for me during the night. Right now 4 of us are living in a one bedroom one bath house while ours is being built. I wake up a lot every night due to all the dang people plus a cat and a dog roaming around but manage to go back to sleep quickly. My little girl is a pretty princess but grinds her teeth, coughs, tosses, turns, growls, whines, and everything else during the night. I'd sell her cheap about 2 in the morning.

Caustic Burno":1swxqk0j said:
TexasBred":1swxqk0j said:
Caustic Burno":1swxqk0j said:

I will buy that on 3 Way. TB your just a narcissistic sociopath wearing Depends is the only reason
you are not trotting to the little boys room.

Bet $5.00 you keep an old fashioned pee pot under the bed....too dang lazy to walk to the back porch. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":1my2un4m said:
Dave":1my2un4m said:
Water????? I'll just say it's when I drank to much.... :lol2:

Water is pretty much all I drink anymore. I already drank my share of beer and four or five other people's share too.