Cant Post pics

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
I have never had a problem using photobucket before, it gives me the error message "cant determine size".

Does anyone have any hints??

I use the "upload attatchment" tab below the "save" "preview" "submit" buttons.

Sizmic

Sizmic,
This is the error message I get when I try it your way.

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB -

Thats the same problem I had. I finally went into my camera and set it too the standard size instead of "high quality".

Sizmic

Yep, there's several ways to do it, and there's probablly simpler ones then this, but here's one I know of: :)

Put your picture in a folder and then right click on it and click open with, then click on Windows picture and Fax Viewer or Microsoft Picture Manager (this is where I don't know if it'll work for ya depending on what kind of computer you got)

Now if that works right, it'll bring up the picture in a new window. Right click on the picture again and click the "Edit" option. Now on the right hand side there are a bunch of options such as color/crop/rotate. Click on the "Resize" option and click the top drop down window and it gives you several different sizes, the bottom one is the smallest.

Might seem kinda complicated but it pretty simple really. Hope ya can figure it out! :D

LimousinGirl":24r530dc said:
Yep, there's several ways to do it, and there's probablly simpler ones then this, but here's one I know of: :)

Put your picture in a folder and then right click on it and click open with, then click on Windows picture and Fax Viewer or Microsoft Picture Manager (this is where I don't know if it'll work for ya depending on what kind of computer you got)

Now if that works right, it'll bring up the picture in a new window. Right click on the picture again and click the "Edit" option. Now on the right hand side there are a bunch of options such as color/crop/rotate. Click on the "Resize" option and click the top drop down window and it gives you several different sizes, the bottom one is the smallest.

Might seem kinda complicated but it pretty simple really. Hope ya can figure it out! :D

You can also compress them. Makes a larger file smaller.

jscunn":3r76zx43 said:
Vett,
How do you do that because I have adobe photoshop and I cant find a resize on it anywhere.

With photoshop it's easy--have your image open in photoshop and click file then save as and it brings up that window where you put in the file name and there's a drop down thing right below and that has options for a format, select the JPEG format and then click save and it brings up another little window that says JPEG Options, there's a drop down window that has options for Low Quality, Medium Quality, High and Maximum. There's also a box there you can put a number in, 10 being the maximum size and 1 being the lowest. :D