cant make money at this anymore

Help Support CattleToday:

20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer. 20% N with about half of that being urea. 20% P2O5 phosphoric acid. 20% K2O potash. Same chemistry (elemental and compounds) as "normal" chemical fertilizer. No magic in the chemistry.
5 pounds per acre gives 1 pound of N, 1 pound of P2O5, and 1 pound of K2O. As far as the chemistry, that is the equivalent of applying 5.26 pounds of 19-19-19 regular fertilizer per acre. Water is just the carrier with no more value than a light dew.
I suspect this is intended to be used as a foliar feeding - low concentration applied to the leaves and absorbed. Issue with foliar feeding is that it needs to be done very often.
It does have some good trace elements in it. Product information says, "developed for peat-based cultures (pot plants, bedding plants and container nursery stock)". Made by Peters.
Yea, a foliar feeding. Apply after each cutting, so that's twice in my area. Ill leave a strip with no application and take pictures this summer and post.

sooooooo. one of my buddies asked me why i dont wipe them..use roundup and a wiper and just let it do its job...even if other weeds fill in..itll be better than the spray rig and itll for sure kill the blackroot

Wiper here is typically used on johnson grass in hay fields. Where the grass/weed is taller than the desirable grass. Best results if you come at it from opposite directions to get a better wipe, so multiple passes. I think wipers cost more than a sprayer. If the blackroot (I am not familiar with it) is taller than the desirable grass, that should work. If blackroot comes back from the roots, then multiple treatments over a time period will be needed. With bermuda, Roundup will kill it back, but it will grow back from the roots unless you spray it over a longer period to starve the roots. If there is no desirable grass at this point, then spraying will get better coverage than wiping, I think.
What kind of pasture grass grows there - bahia and bermuda?

I've been fighting musk thistle here at home. All I have is an 8 ft, 40 gallon sprayer.
I'll mix up a tank and hit an area. I've got some pink flags on wire, like they use for marking underground power etc..

Been spraying spots and marking as often as I can. Has taken way too many days. But by gawd it's getting done!

About time to mow and start all over again. I'm sure I've missed a bunch but I'll get there

For most weeds, spray with herbicide when the plant is small. Some can be sprayed in the fall. When the weeds are visible driving by, the problem is bigger. Getting them under control is harder than keeping them under control. A thistle plant makes about 20,000 seed that appear to weigh less than air when just a little wind blows. Seed can travel up to 300 feet looking for a new home, more if they hit water. Musk thistle is a 2 year plant - establishing a root system the first year and bolts and makes seed the second year and then dies. When I see one I missed in the pasture, I get gloves and a bucket and collect the seed heads.

I've been fighting musk thistle here at home. All I have is an 8 ft, 40 gallon sprayer.
I'll mix up a tank and hit an area. I've got some pink flags on wire, like they use for marking underground power etc..

Been spraying spots and marking as often as I can. Has taken way too many days. But by gawd it's getting done!

About time to mow and start all over again. I'm sure I've missed a bunch but I'll get there
Stay after them, I've chased them all summer at times. It doesn't take much to kill them in the fall, catch a warm spell in October and hit the heavy spots at least.

Latest posts