Can't Even Play Ball

Help Support CattleToday:

IF I were the manager... first pitch would be a brush back, just to let 'em know we're not gonna roll over just
because ya shot our 2nd baseman... :) [yeah, yea bad joke, i know, i know]

wacocowboy":37fzdzgl said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-majority-white-shot-congressional-121634995.html

Thoughts and prayers for those injured. Very sad that people feel they need to hurt others just because they have different political beliefs. Reminds me of being in Honduras a 3rd world country.

This Thread Is Not About Politics Just Tragedy!!!!!!!!

The party that started the last civil war is marching the country to another one.

I was taught to throw - hit the other teams best hitter in little league. My thoughts and prayers are with the families. But why wasn't anyone else armed? Hopefully they will be from now on.

wacocowboy":2orw2ocb said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-majority-white-shot-congressional-121634995.html

Thoughts and prayers for those injured. Very sad that people feel they need to hurt others just because they have different political beliefs. Reminds me of being in Honduras a 3rd world country.

Agree this problem transcends politics. Reminds me of the Gabby Giffords shooting (18 shot, 6 killed, including a little girl). Makes you wonder why anyone would want to serve in politics, with all the crazies out there. Locally, a candidate for mayor had to pull out of the race when death threats were made on the lives of him and his family. http://www.newyorkupstate.com/binghamto ... lic_o.html

On top of this you have a UPS driver that complained about too much overtime so he killed 3 other drivers.

boondocks":1488sztn said:
wacocowboy":1488sztn said:

Agree this problem transcends politics. Reminds me of the Gabby Giffords shooting (18 shot, 6 killed, including a little girl). Makes you wonder why anyone would want to serve in politics, with all the crazies out there. Locally, a candidate for mayor had to pull out of the race when death threats were made on the lives of him and his family. http://www.newyorkupstate.com/binghamto ... lic_o.html

Not really dehumanizing your opposition has been used for centuries in politics to eliminate the enemy.
There are enough mental cases that swallow the message .
Mrs Giffords attacker was obsessed with her.
This lug nut was obsessed with the
Politics and didn't care which republican he killed just so he
got some.
This isn't random violence this is the very foundation starting to crumble IMO

Caustic Burno":2hlbi9bk said:
Not really dehumanizing your opposition has been used for centuries in politics to eliminate the enemy.
got some.

The media has been whipping the masses into a frenzy for the past year and a half. I'm afraid that what happened yesterday is going to become less of a freak event and more of a standard. I have never felt such a divide in society, and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

Bestoutwest":2dypjw4k said:
Caustic Burno":2dypjw4k said:
got some.

The media has been whipping the masses into a frenzy for the past year and a half. I'm afraid that what happened yesterday is going to become less of a freak event and more of a standard. I have never felt such a divide in society, and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

:nod: :nod: Unfortunately, I believe this to be the case. As for being whipped into a frenzy, that has been going on longer than a year and a half. :frowns:

Bestoutwest":37csxmin said:
Caustic Burno":37csxmin said:
got some.

I know it will never happen but would be nice to see the media have to take responsibility for their false reports that get this people whipped into a frenzy.

I know I will get raked over the coals for this but I bet I'm not the only one that had this thought cross their mind. This guy was a terrible shot if the reporting was accurate and he got off 50 rounds he must have never owned/ used a gun before that day. :hide:

red angus 2010":2yg0tvt6 said:
I know I will get raked over the coals for this but I bet I'm not the only one that had this thought cross their mind. This guy was a terrible shot if the reporting was accurate and he got off 50 rounds he must have never owned/ used a gun before that day. :hide:

No I thought the same thing.

Caustic Burno":1fkz45kt said:
red angus 2010":1fkz45kt said:

No I thought the same thing.

Thank God he never heard of

EEOTECH
TRIJICON

:dunce: The news started out that he had an assault rifle. Mentioned AR15 and AK47. I think it turned out to be a Chinese SKS...

Didn't think you could even buy one of those in Illinois. Also said he had a concealed carry permit. I can't imagine illinois giving him a ccw with the arrest records for violence he had. Pretty sure Missouri wouldn't have issued a ccw.

Nothing wrong with a Chicom SKS, you can sling lots of lead out of one in a hurry once you learn how to use a stripper.
I've run hundreds and hundreds of rounds thru mine without a hiccup.

Latest posts