Can't even be good to my dog!

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
My family and I love our dog, really, really do! He is so well mannered in so many ways, everyone loves him.
We often buy him treats, some of which require some preparation, like the pork skins that No.1 buys him, that are cut into sheets about as big as a plate, and have a about a half an inch of fat on the back of them.....she will cook them up, and after they cool, he just loves em!

Ok, says I, heck with the frying pan, we gonna do the microwave thing with these babies...... faster, and just as good etc. ( a man thing I suppose), I put them on a stack of PAPER towels to catch the grease so it doesnt go through the PAPER plate, I stack a few of these things on there, and pop it in the microwave, turn it to 4 mins, and go back to reading the paper....shortly afterward, the smoke alarm goes off with aa shrill, and an intensity I have never heard before........acrid smoke is pouring out of the darn microwave, and dummy here, never thinking that it could possibly be on fire, opens the door to see what the problem was, only to see flames shooting up from what was the paperplate, towels, and is now a sea of boiling pig grease........oh my... chalk up yet another mircowave oven to stupidity......Thank goodness aftewr the last feasco we thought to get another extinguisher,( I used the first one too!)

No1 says she is now looking for one that can be 'locked out' from unauthorized dummies....er...I mean users. Oh MY! :cboy:

Medic24":3l5qrko4 said:
Jake ol pay...problem is... it never does seem to wait to happen! :p

That's true, you and I must be related because my family seems to have the same issues... :lol:

There goes you ever having one of those good ole late night frozen burritos anymore ! If she wont let you use the the microwave, she dang sure wont let you use the oven. Maybe you watched too many Julia Child episodes as a kid.

Medic, that is hysterical!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: From the sounds of things, I believe it is safe to say that you never make the same mistake twice......You are too busy finding new ones!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Amen...and when ya farm, you have planty of opportunities!

I love the way my daughter handles these things, and hopefully, it comes from me, not mum..........oh well, and a laugh..........'thats dads mess again' :cboy:

Awhile back, I was playing bachelor for a couple of days while the wife and kids went out to visit her parents. I got home from work, threw a few weiners in a pot of water and set it to boil and then went outside to check the cows which is usually about a five minute job when they are in the yard pasture. While I was out there, I noticed that the gate was broken so I got my tools and set about fixing it and then I got thinking that the grass was getting kinda short and the cows should be getting moved to a new paddock so I went and did that. The I came back. As I got closer to the house I could hear this funny noise... After I opened all the windows and got most of the burnt weiner smell out of the house, I ended up having a sandwich. My wife could still smell it when she got home and when I told her what happened, she said 'That's the same thing you did last year". Apparently I have selective memory on these things because I don't remember it. Makes it tough to learn from your mistakes when you don't remember them. :???:

Cattle Rack Rancher":gvfbk9ff said:
Awhile back, I was playing bachelor for a couple of days while the wife and kids went out to visit her parents. I got home from work, threw a few weiners in a pot of water and set it to boil and then went outside to check the cows. While I was out there, I noticed that the gate was broken so I got my tools and set about fixing it and then I got thinking that the grass was getting kinda short and the cows should be getting moved to a new paddock so I went and did that. The I came back. As I got closer to the house I could hear this funny noise... After I opened all the windows and got most of the burnt weiner smell out of the house, I ended up having a sandwich. My wife could still smell it when she got home and when I told her what happened, she said 'That's the same thing you did last year". Apparently I have selective memory on these things because I don't remember it. Makes it tough to learn from your mistakes when your memory's no good. :???:

It took a whole year to forget? I burn stuff about once a week. Put it on and get sidtracked by something that needs to be done.

dun

that sounds like the time i put liquid dawn soap in the dishwasher and the entire kitchen was foamed over when i came back in about 30 mintues later. ive never had to wash the dishes since.

Cattle Rack Rancher":3mgvhv98 said:
Awhile back, I was playing bachelor for a couple of days while the wife and kids went out to visit her parents. I got home from work, threw a few weiners in a pot of water and set it to boil and then went outside to check the cows which is usually about a five minute job when they are in the yard pasture. While I was out there, I noticed that the gate was broken so I got my tools and set about fixing it and then I got thinking that the grass was getting kinda short and the cows should be getting moved to a new paddock so I went and did that. The I came back. As I got closer to the house I could hear this funny noise... After I opened all the windows and got most of the burnt weiner smell out of the house, I ended up having a sandwich. My wife could still smell it when she got home and when I told her what happened, she said 'That's the same thing you did last year". Apparently I have selective memory on these things because I don't remember it. Makes it tough to learn from your mistakes when you don't remember them. :???:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Don't feel like you are the only one! I've experienced that 'selective memory' thing from time to time. Folks just roll their eyes and snicker. :oops:

P.S. I can see I will have to introduce all of you guys that have to batch it occasionally to plain old household ammonia. A small bowl of ammonia set out overnight will absorb most odors. I know for a fact that it works on cigarette smoke, so I'm thinking it will probably work on burned weiners, etc smell, too. ;-)

Medic24":3m0qonr4 said:
Well glad to see i am not alone in this. ;-) :cboy:

You are far from alone in this! Dad forgets to put the carafe in the coffee pot on a fairly regular basis when he makes the coffee. If he remembers the carafe, he usually forgets the coffee! Mom went to visit her brother about a year ago, and Dad managed to run the coffee pot over every single day for about 1 1/2 weeks - not the actual pot, the basket - so there were coffee grounds everywhere! That coffee maker was a mess, and I had to do laundry every day so there would be clean hand towels to sop up the mess the next morning! I hate laundry! :( :(

Latest posts