Cant Believe The Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
The last 3 months only got 1.25" of rain with temps up to 104. Cracks over 1" wide in the ground. My only salvation is some Coastal left in the back of the property. I got passed up on almost all the heavy rain coming through in the last few months. We have a storm system going all the way from my place to Waco. Got 3.5" so far and its still coming for miles. At this point I would repair fences if I could get another 4"-6" to saturate the ground all the way through. Sitting on enough hay to get me through the winter and have been holding off buying more. Thought I had not been faithful enough but God blessed me today.

BK9954":wt5bvy15 said:
The last 3 months only got 1.25" of rain with temps up to 104. Cracks over 1" wide in the ground. My only salvation is some Coastal left in the back of the property. I got passed up on almost all the heavy rain coming through in the last few months. We have a storm system going all the way from my place to Waco. Got 3.5" so far and its still coming for miles. At this point I would repair fences if I could get another 4"-6" to saturate the ground all the way through. Sitting on enough hay to get me through the winter and have been holding off buying more. Thought I had not been faithful enough but God blessed me today.

It rains on the Just and the Unjust

Just beginning here this morning. We got maybe, 1/8" yesterday.
Drilled some 9" post holes last week. That auger didn't want to drill, but finally did..this old clay can get really tight some months.

greybeard":18y84d6f said:
Drilled some 9" post holes last week. That auger didn't want to drill, but finally did..this old clay can get really tight some months.

Just got run in was bush hogging some of my hunting trails this morning.

:frowns:
Caustic Burno":3e0tci1e said:
greybeard":3e0tci1e said:

Just got run in was bush hogging some of my hunting trails this morning.
I just happened to wake up at 5:30 this morning. Out of habit I checked the weather radar. When I saw the massive wave of red coming within 10 minutes I was in the back rounding up all the cattle from the pastures the have been washed out before. I am laying electric fence this week, atleast digging will be easier.

31/2 and still coming.
Only thing better than July rain is August rain.
Might as well be raining money.
I haven't set out a roll hay since winter except for some wet bales. And with this rain and just close to normal after. I won't be feeding any till winter

I had missed almost all of the rain in my part of the state. Pretty discouraging actually. I got 8/10's of slow soaking rain late yesterday evening, and in to the night. Looks like that'll buy me a couple of more weeks.

The last 3 days we got twice the rain as we did the previous 2 months. Seems like the grass is growing an inch a day now

Am 20 miles north of Waco and only got 2/10 ". Guess it went just west of us. Last night radar was showing heavy rain just nw of us. Got lots of wind thunder and lightning but little rain. Now rain is to the S of us.

callmefence":1gb4bthd said:
31/2 and still coming.
Only thing better than July rain is August rain.
Might as well be raining money.
I haven't set out a roll hay since winter except for some wet bales. And with this rain and just close to normal after. I won't be feeding any till winter
Your up by my folks, my Mom said shes been getting soaked since early this morning. Lucky you.

Just slow steady rain here..nothing hard so it's doing some real good here. Might get rough later, but for now, this what i needed.

This has been a really good summer for us here around Eden and San Angelo. We were already above normal for the year, and we got .75" yesterday, and another .5 today. Supposed to rain later today and tomorrow as well. We should be good for grass though November with just normal rains for the rest of the year.

Also, it's been much "cooler", should say less hot..., this year than the previous 5 or 6..haven't touched 100 in a few weeks more than once or twice(usually there's more days above 100 than below from July-August). And, for the year, we've only been over a 100, 8 or so times. We've also been in the upper 80s and lower 90s more than we've been over 100, that doesn't happen often.

thank the Lord!!

We haven't had rain, anything, since June. They are saying that there are thunderstorms coming through tonight. I'm glad we irrigate and it's green around the house. Not everyone around me is so lucky.

Looks like it is just about done. My gauge says just under 4". It just doesnt seem like it catches the sprinkle. It was a light sprinkle to shower for 4 hours and barely moved a 1/4". It seemed like more. Hopefully this gets the grass going in the pasture and gets some water to the pecan trees.

Its looking good here. We got 9/10ths last Wednesday and 1 6/10ths so far today. Been getting the rains we need just as we need them. Makes growing grass look easy....... :lol2:

I accidentally left my truck windows open Saturday evening. We had over 3" of rain. I'm pizzed at myself, but still not complaining

A hillbilly perspective; It is the dog days of summer, and we had another 3" of rain last night. Never got above 80 today, and I brought home a 30 pack that's still sittin beside my rocking lawn chair, OUTSIDE, and it's still cold enough for my Darlin companion to drink. This is a once in a lifetime chance........

The problem with being above normal for rainfall is you can;t stockpile it. We're still around 10 inches above normal for the year. But june and july we didn;t get any. This month we've already had almost 5 inches but the grass will be slow to recover, but it will. Damage has already been done.

dun":h3gc5b7t said:
The problem with being above normal for rainfall is you can;t stockpile it. We're still around 10 inches above normal for the year. But june and july we didn;t get any. This month we've already had almost 5 inches but the grass will be slow to recover, but it will. Damage has already been done.
Buzz kill.....but you are correct.

Latest posts