cant believe it

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus

Reaction score
well the cow that has suppose to had her calf for a long time had it today i pulled up she was eating after birth but no calf well the rains from sunday made the little pond a lake and the calf must have just rolled in and drowned made me so mad but trying to get another calf to put on her so maybe wont lose my tail

Probably over in the weeds somewhere. The afterbirth isn't necessarily dropped where the calf was dropped. Leave her alone and she'll probably go back to the calf.

well how's your cow acting today? if the calf did drown the cow should be bawling and looking for it, if she isn't maybe the little feller is in the weeds. keep us posted.

Dixieangus":o4w74m6q said:
well the cow that has suppose to had her calf for a long time had it today i pulled up she was eating after birth but no calf well the rains from sunday made the little pond a lake and the calf must have just rolled in and drowned made me so mad but trying to get another calf to put on her so maybe wont lose my tail

This happened to me a few years ago, my #1 cow that we had retired from the herd, had her with a group of younger heifers, she had the calf, it was so cute seeing them together, then the next morning it was dead, half in the pond half out-made me sick!

sorry i havent posted back my computer keeps saying you need to log in then i log in try to post then says need to log in but anyways i bought a jersey bull calf and the mama took it without hesitation the other calf that died floated up yesterday a nice black bull so i took it to the yotes and buzzards. the new calf has scours and im giving it a scour pill for that but its live and alert. well theres your update thanks for replying.

Latest posts