Canning

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":im0dhsq8 said:
I am going to try my hand at dill pickles for the first time . :help: Hope to get at it next week .

Good luck with it I have never made dill pickles. I may try them sometime.

TexasBred":im0dhsq8 said:
skyhightree1":im0dhsq8 said:
so far 10 quarts cant wait to eat the pies from those

Dad always called those "Music Roots".

Music Roots ? :???:

TexasBred":1jxpahv9 said:
skyhightree1":1jxpahv9 said:
Dad always called those "Music Roots".

Music Roots ? :???:

Sweet potatoes are a very close 2nd place to beans in producing gas..aka "Music".[/quote]

:lol: I did not know that .. you learn something new everyday.

3waycross":2boupe4s said:
hillsdown":2boupe4s said:
I am going to try my hand at dill pickles for the first time . :help: Hope to get at it next week .

We will expect some samples!

Boy you sure are brave to request that . :lol:

Picked up 35lbs of pickling cukes today at the market ; fresh picked and young too . Will give this a whirl tomorrow and am going to use my own peppers in them .

3waycross":157h3ffx said:
They pickles sure look familiar! Paula says to tell you good job!

She was my inspiration for trying . Know I will not be able to come close to hers but perhaps in a few dozen years , I may get close !

E will let you know in 2 months how I did .

I wish I wasn't still trying to master not burning toast, I would give some pickles a try and hope they looked half as good as yours! They look delicious.

Alan

Alan":3lxp2xfb said:
I wish I wasn't still trying to master not burning toast, I would give some pickles a try and hope they looked half as good as yours! They look delicious.

Alan

Alan your next challenge will be learning how to open a can of biscuits. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":292zm6wm said:
Alan":292zm6wm said:

Alan

Alan your next challenge will be learning how to open a can of biscuits. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: you know, I smack the can of biscuits on the edge of the counter and it always breaks open ..... Darn, throw that can away and try again. I wish I knew what a biscuit tasted like. :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone !

Now the question is just how soon is too soon to try them . I have one very impatient household . :lol: mainly the husband . ;-)

All but a couple snapped so they went in the fridge to finish up and we will eat them first . I also screwed up a batch of brine so 3 jars have half as much vinegar than what was called for so do not know how crappy those will taste . My nephew called me crying that he wanted to come back to live with us , I had just dropped him off the day before . Broke my heart to hear an 11 year old little boy so unhappy being at home , was hard to concentrate on what I was doing . :frowns: Picked him up last night and so he is back here with us , he is one happy little boy . :D

hillsdown":259mux1l said:
Thanks everyone !

Now the question is just how soon is too soon to try them . I have one very impatient household . :lol: mainly the husband . ;-)

All but a couple snapped so they went in the fridge to finish up and we will eat them first . I also screwed up a batch of brine so 3 jars have half as much vinegar than what was called for so do not know how crappy those will taste . My nephew called me crying that he wanted to come back to live with us , I had just dropped him off the day before . Broke my heart to hear an 11 year old little boy so unhappy being at home , was hard to concentrate on what I was doing . :frowns: Picked him up last night and so he is back here with us , he is one happy little boy . :D

If you should find there is about 15 jars missing ... It was me I wanted to taste them to make sure they are safe for you and your family to enjoy the rest ... :lol2:

Latest posts