Cancer Eye

Help Support CattleToday:

Tiffany82, check your PM messages. I sent you my contact information.

Hopefully, I can help you get her to a vet.

From your picture, I don't see anything that looks to be an immediate concern, but I'm colorblind and my eyes are getting old. But I would sure want to take her to a vet who wants to be minimally invasive if it is necessary, rather than just have her eye removed.

George

Is it getting bigger? If it is cancer on the surface of the eye, enucleation is the only option besides culling. Freezing won't work with a tumor on the cornea. You want to do this before it spreads to the lymph nodes.

It has been almost a month since I noticed the initial growth on her nose , it fell off in 4 days and never came back. The spot on her iris I noticed a few days later.In the month since I have seen the spot on her iris it has never gotton bigger. How long would it take to get bigger?

Also a chemotherapy drug was mentioned by our vet does anyone know anything about this? I AM still not convinced that its cancer it doesnt look like any picture I have ever seen. My friend who is an ag teacher doesnt think its cancer either. Do all cows have discoloration in there eyes? I have looked at my other few and they all have different variations of color on there eyeballs , nothing that is raised and these cows are all different ages and not realated. They are not whitefaced either.

Well we drove her two hours to a vet that specialized in cattle and she does NOT have eye cancer :banana:
They said its just pigment on her eye from being older and that shes in amazing shape for her age. I am so happy!

Thanks ! He did say if it the pigmentation got on the cornea at all that he could just freeze it off so going to keep an eye on that. I am just glad she has nothing that will kill her.

Latest posts