Canadienne Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

popeye

Reaction score
I am beginning a new ranch. I am interested in the Canadienne Breed. Other than it was/is a breed Have been unable to find any ranchs/breeders online. Can anyone point me in the right direction? :help: :cboy: Thank you Popeye. & yes I like spinach!

popeye":2k6p437v said:
I am beginning a new ranch. I am interested in the Canadienne Breed. Other than it was/is a breed Have been unable to find any ranchs/breeders online. Can anyone point me in the right direction? :help: :cboy: Thank you Popeye. & yes I like spinach!

Welcome aboard!

Do you like Olive Oil? Do you hate Brutus Cologne?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

popeye":23ppvzqv said:

From what I have seen presented here, they are some ugly looking hard keepers.

If they are rare and tough to breed / keep - do you REALLY want to start a new operation with them?

Hard enough doing it with a good Brit or Continental animal now-a-days.

Seems to me you might be doing this the hard way.

Best of luck.

Regards

Bez+

popeye":2lwmjz4p said:

Canadienne cattle are a dairy protein breed. High butterfat, but if your not in the dairy business, its not worth the time or effort to invest in something that wasn't intended for beef production. There are breeders in Quebec and some scattered through the Prairies I believe. They are very fine boned and even if you had them whittled down to 1/4 bloods, I think they would be a hard thing to winter. :cowboy:

popeye":16j51gl3 said:

Where is your ranch going to be located and how did you decide on Canadiennes?

Busterz":3gho8yhu said:
popeye":3gho8yhu said:

Where is your ranch going to be located and how did you decide on Canadiennes?
i bet very few ranches start out with a dairy breed. just because you like em dont mean their popular.

alacattleman":3ibajw5p said:
i bet very few ranches start out with a dairy breed.

Pretty common around here. A beef bull on a dairy cow and keep all the heifers. We refer to them as "Hillbilly Hybrids"

Latest posts