Canadian dollar

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Can you believe the Canadian dollar.It closed around 92 cents US today :shock: .It hasn't been that in thirty years they say.I don't remember it ever being this high.I think it might be the time to book hubbies Christmas present, he has always wanted to go to Daytona week for NASCAR ;-) .With the dollar we might actually be able to afford it.What a change from 65 cents US a couple of years ago :) .

However is our dollar really going up or is the US dollar just going in the toilet?

hillsdown":hwtyh8vf said:
Can you believe the Canadian dollar.It closed around 92 cents US today :shock: .It hasn't been that in thirty years they say.I don't remember it ever being this high.I think it might be the time to book hubbies Christmas present, he has always wanted to go to Daytona week for NASCAR ;-) .With the dollar we might actually be able to afford it.What a change from 65 cents US a couple of years ago :) .

However is our dollar really going up or is the US dollar just going in the toilet?
excellent question

We have been asking that for the past year, have never know the exchange rate so high, $2 to the £ for so long, not been heard of for years.....was good for us when we were over as we had more spending power.

Don't be surprise if you see Canadian packers try to buy meat cows down the state to bring them in Canada .They are so short and the price really got up here.I know some dairy cattle dealers who already ask a permit to import dairy cows from the states.

hillsdown":29pj5cre said:

I don't know about the Canadian.
US Dollar has been going DOWN. Charts look like a probable rally shaping up. Probable is never certain.