Canadian bred cow prices

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
Anyone here know what young bred hereford black baldy cows are selling for.Neighbour has a few for sale and we are trying to set a price.

I guess it depends on the quality frenchie, but we have averaged around 350 bucks a head. Some went for as high as 500. Almost went for the "whole herd" deal a while back - would have made some decent money, but we also would have been without any of our original animals.

If they are young and well set up and bred to something that will cause no problems - well, I suspect you should be able to settle for the 400 - 550 buck mark. More to him is gravy. More to you hurts.

If he ships them to sale he pays, along with the various commissions and brand inspectors and so on.

Do you really need them anyway?

Bez

Bez":p19vjs3p said:
I guess it depends on the quality frenchie, but we have averaged around 350 bucks a head. Some went for as high as 500. Almost went for the "whole herd" deal a while back - would have made some decent money, but we also would have been without any of our original animals.

If they are young and well set up and bred to something that will cause no problems - well, I suspect you should be able to settle for the 400 - 550 buck mark. More to him is gravy. More to you hurts.

If he ships them to sale he pays, along with the various commissions and brand inspectors and so on.

Do you really need them anyway?

Bez

They are replacements for some I have culled out.

Latest posts