Canadian/American beef?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Why wont America open their border to Canadian beef? Isn't it the same? Aren't we supposed to help our neighbours, not become enimies? I am still growing up, and i am always told to treat others as yourself. In the 99/00 drought diddnt we help the americans out? What is the difference in the beef? Ill tell you what the difference is, nothing. There is no difference. Shouldnt we as beef producers stick together? Help others, and mabye they'll return the favour? Yes, there are programs to help the Canadians, but we need to feed them, give proper shelter, and we need to live off of what we make. There are many kids that are becoming interested into cattle, but many are turned off by The BSE crisis. We need to bring breeding stock south. We need to bring show cattle south. We need to bring beef south. I AM CANADIAN, and i am not ashamed to say it. Ihave a keen intrest in cattle, but we are losing many younger people that may someday take over the cattle buisness. Before you answer put yourself in our shoes. Would you like help now? What do you think? Please reply, so we know what you think.
Alex

Alex-There are many others on this board who can speak about the politics of this issue far better than I can,so I will let them do that. I will only say that if you read this board regularly,you will see that most here don't understand why the border is still closed any more than you folks do.
Just as in Canada,the decisions of our government are not always what we think is right or fair. I am afraid if we jerk around on this long enough it will end up biting us in the butt. You all have the potential to develop your own slaughter capacity and markets that will leave us out. You are correct-we would both be better off long term if we worked together. Another thing that has been discussed on this board and elsewhere is that there are also people in this country and in yours who are trying to make money from the cattle they are presently stealing from you guys. This post is already way longer than I meant for it to be so I will turn over the floor to someone else. I truly hope there are better days ahead for all of you.
Chuck

Lets just Canada be Canada and the USA be USA I for one think it"s sad that Canada sends ther trash to Michigan It"s time Canada takes care of it's own problems. THE SKY

skyeagle":2mb41myd said:
Lets just Canada be Canada and the USA be USA I for one think it"s sad that Canada sends ther trash to Michigan It"s time Canada takes care of it's own problems. THE SKY

Somebody found a way to profit from it. They couldn't send it if nobody wanted it. Money talks.

real easy answer.. all it takes is one case of mad cow or even a story for the new media to run with and belive me the news media will distroy the beef market.. remember, the news media are experts at distroying people and industries. they can not have any questions for the media to run with..
any news they report is not just news, it a crisis, a big crisis, then they will have there own experts they buy to prove any lie they report..