Can you use marinade twice?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
May be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway and show my cooking skill level. I just pulled a pork loin out of a good marinade and smoked it ..... great dinner. I put the marinade in a gallon zip lock bag and leave it for 48 hrs. Question is; can I put, say a chicken breast in the same marinade and soak it for a couple days with out problems? Yeah I'm a BBQ rookie but I would love your input.

Alan

I wouldn't. Good way to get food poisoning.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to marinade pork for 48 hours.

1982vett":328ynaea said:

Without hijacking my own thread.... if I cook the pork at the the right temp what is the problem if it's cooked right? BTW it was great with the potatoes and corn on the cob.

Alan

Alan":14yxm2io said:
1982vett":14yxm2io said:

Without hijacking my own thread.... if I cook the pork at the the right temp what is the problem if it's cooked right? BTW it was great with the potatoes and corn on the cob.

Alan

I should make it clear that all the marinading is done in the fridge so I think 48 hrs and cooked to the right temp is not a problem.... but back to the original question.

Thanks,
Alan

No. Unless I don't understand what you are asking, but from what I am reading your marinade with pork blood has been refrigerated for 48 hours even after the original was done and you want to put chicken into this and marinade again ..

Do another marinade Alan for the chicken, sounds to me like you are becoming a pro at it so do a brand new one again and then no one will have to have their stomachs pumped. ;-)

Alan":3jl2cr8g said:
Question is; can I put, say a chicken breast in the same marinade and soak it for a couple days with out problems?
Alan

Marinade cannot be reused.

hillsdown":1afiwsy9 said:
No. Unless I don't understand what you are asking, but from what I am reading your marinade with pork blood has been refrigerated for 48 hours even after the original was done and you want to put chicken into this and marinade again ..

Do another marinade Alan for the chicken, sounds to me like you are becoming a pro at it so do a brand new one again and then no one will have to have their stomachs pumped. ;-)
When reading recipes that require mainade they usually state not to reuse unless boiled for I think it is usually five minutes. But, I would not use it again if it were me....

CKC1586":3vfeb7bn said:
hillsdown":3vfeb7bn said:

Yup, what HD said...
When reading recipes that require mainade they usually state not to reuse unless boiled for I think it is usually five minutes. But, I would not use it again if it were me....

You "can" if you want to. But you can reuse toilet paper too, just mignt be as satisfying using it the second time.

dun":8480iqax said:
You "can" if you want to. But you can reuse toilet paper too, just mignt be as satisfying using it the second time.

Hey dun! How about you try this first and let us know how it works out...

dun":2jp5icjs said:

Okay, I'm cheap!

Alan

grannysoo":19hwjgdi said:
dun":19hwjgdi said:

Hey dun! How about you try this first and let us know how it works out...

Just use a dollar. And I'm not talking about 3 quarters, two dimes and a nickel.

Alan":2v5i1vvy said:
dun":2v5i1vvy said:

Okay, I'm cheap!

Alan

Then you might want to check into the price of hospitalization for E-coli,or listeria

Fresh marinade is a whole lot cheaper.

3waycross":1sicbmnf said:
Alan":1sicbmnf said:
dun":1sicbmnf said:

Okay, I'm cheap!

Alan

Then you might want to check into the price of hospitalization for E-coli,or listeria

Fresh marinade is a whole lot cheaper.

Okay, my wife answered the question as clear as I ever needed to hear the answer..... :shock: .

Thanks, the tight, penny pincher.
Alan

Alan":1nxavwxa said:
Okay, my wife answered the question as clear as I ever needed to hear the answer..... :shock: .

Alan
Bet that was fun. :lol:

Alan":2aqy4x3j said:

Alan

Well if she answered the question, then nothing else matters. Cause you know she's always right! :mrgreen:

1982vett":uqggrvka said:
Alan":uqggrvka said:

Alan
Bet that was fun. :lol:

:lol2: :lol: , but she did get her point across.. ;-)