Can you tell me more about these calves?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy":3zsd6xq6 said:
Caustic Burno":3zsd6xq6 said:
That color won't bring a premium in this part of the world.
They are half Brimmer the other half is unknown crap.
:roll: you're exaggerating and acts like these calves are bad and worthless without knowing what kind the bull used on the brimmer cows... They still looks like F1 brimmer x blk Hereford or F1 black simbra to me, both will makes a good commercial momma cow. Horned or not.

First off never said the calves were worthless.
They would bring about 2.80 a pound through the barn today.
This is the part I am going to type slowly HERE they will not sell well as replacements.
Selling Brimmer cross replacements is my market and the cattlemen I market to would not buy that color without a big discount.
You couldn't give a Black Hereford bull away here as the breed does not exist in this part of the world.
This is Brimmer country and you are not going to find any Simbras either.
Now if you can make a Brimmer cross like this girl they will wear a trail out to your place for replacements
to raise a terminal calf.

Option two that will sell you had better cover up the Brimmer and they will sell like hot cakes.

Caustic Burno":3swaosk4 said:
You couldn't give a Black Hereford bull away here as the breed does not exist in this part of the world.

I have seen a few and you ain't missing anything. There is a Black Hereford breeder over by Mexia they look the best out of the ones I have seen, but still not anything that would interest me.

Those are some fine calves, and you could put a black angus bull on them for the first calf, and after that go with a Charolais. They will be calf raisers.

But if you decide they aren't the right color, you let me know and I will take them off your hands!

Was finally able to here something back. He used a Hereford bull. This was a great discussion. I appreciate everyone's input!

wacocowboy":pz33pkyh said:
Caustic Burno":pz33pkyh said:

I have seen a few and you ain't missing anything. There is a Black Hereford breeder over by Mexia they look the best out of the ones I have seen, but still not anything that would interest me.
I saw some last month up near Texarkana. Had a big sign--"Registered Black Herefords". Looked just like black baldies to me.
(I suspect, the guy used to raise unicorns but switched over to "RBH"s for the black hide fever run.)

greybeard":731t3fe9 said:
wacocowboy":731t3fe9 said:
Caustic Burno":731t3fe9 said:

I saw some last month up near Texarkana. Had a big sign--"Registered Black Herefords". Looked just like black baldies to me.
(I suspect, the guy used to raise unicorns but switched over to "RBH"s for the black hide fever run.)

Pretty much just a black Baldie with papers.

Surprised he didn't just breed the unicorns to an Angus and get black unicorns.

Son of Butch":5as6ifcm said:
wacocowboy":5as6ifcm said:
A polled unicorn?

Last recorded unicorn (aurochs) died in 1627 in the Jactorow Forest, Poland.
(Probably shot by a local dentist :) )

I guess we need one of those horned Angus I seen on Craigslist because a polled unicorn would just be a black horse.

Lol dang dentist

Son of Butch":1r0zcnwi said:
wacocowboy":1r0zcnwi said:
A polled unicorn?

Last recorded unicorn (aurochs) died in 1627 in the Jactorow Forest, Poland.
(Probably shot by a local dentist :) )
Now that right there is funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Latest posts