Can yall guess what we are???

Help Support CattleToday:

2awi0Yw.jpg

He looks like he's pretty disappointed with that piece of bread.

Luckily, these dogs are in a yard with 2 mature dominant dogs. They keep them in line with me being alpha, my dogs are all trained that i'm alpha. We also take them to our sons house where he has 2 very dominant dogs. We usually just take one at a time down there and leave them for the day. Basically, these dogs will remain around our house contained with the collar for their whole lives. We're not much on taking dogs with us anywhere. The b/w is the more dominant one, with Mac being very very lazy and docile. Now, if both were like Rio, i think we'd have a big problem. Rio may end up kicking Mac's toosh, but, the dogs we have in the yard fight, sometimes very viciously. I just let them have it out. They are not littlermates. So far the puppies seem ok with new people in the yard whereas my aussie never did and i always had to either put her in the garage when i knew someone would be coming into the yard or hope that the bad dog signs and do not pass this point sign would keep them out. Sometimes it doesnt. She's bitten 2 people, one i warned not to move into her zone, they did anyway. And one that decided to grab at her while she was tied in the side by side. Took me forever to trust her in the yard with the grandkids. Luckily, she really didnt want anything to do with them but i never ever left them out with her running loose.

I'm so happy that now you can find out what a dog is. Some of that stuff you'd never have guessed. Mac does look mastiff looking in the face. He has this little spot on his back that the hair is wavy, i call that his yorkie %.... They arent just mutts, they are Junkyard dogs.... Mac is not the trainable type dog, but Rio, very very smart. Learned to fetch on the first throw. He will also speak on demand. I want him to show his teeth on command, i just need to work with him. My aussie is the smartest dog i've ever hand.. Too smart. I have videos of her as a puppy, take a look. She was adorable, but meaner than heck with strangers. This video i was teaching her to touch things.

It is always a bad idea to adopt siblings intended as companion animals. A single puppy will bond better to a human if they are not being distracted by another dog, and especially one that they come to the party with. Siblings are always bonded to each other as a first priority... unless physically separated constantly and only allowed out with the owner one at a time. It makes them harder to train.

The exception is with dogs being trained for using genetically focused abilities. Herding dogs can learn their job well by observing and participating with an older dog... if the trainer knows how to take advantage of an experienced dog. Good trainers still never let the inexperienced dogs run together, only using an older dog and a single pup at any one time.
My neighbor has 3 dogs.. 3 REALLY DUMB dogs... , always has, and everytime one died, she'd get another, and without fail, every new dog she gets hangs out with the 2 older idiots and learns all the dumb from them!

My friend is babysitting this guy as he's looking for a permanent home for him, big boy at 18 months (100 lbs), pretty smart, sucker for attention.. He's got the most expressive eyebrows! I just don't have the time,and especially the patience to properly train a dog, but I really do like him

My neighbor has 3 dogs.. 3 REALLY DUMB dogs... , always has, and everytime one died, she'd get another, and without fail, every new dog she gets hangs out with the 2 older idiots and learns all the dumb from them!

My friend is babysitting this guy as he's looking for a permanent home for him, big boy at 18 months (100 lbs), pretty smart, sucker for attention.. He's got the most expressive eyebrows! I just don't have the time,and especially the patience to properly train a dog, but I really do like him
My sister in law, the dog mother, took in a stray while she was here helping with her mother as she died. The dog originally was captured by a neighbor 2 miles down the road. They posted a picture asking to help find her home. A few days later, she's down at my inlaws at the most ridiculous time. SIL fell in love but said she'd take her to the no kill shelter in Austin. Well, she kept her. I could tell the dog was going to be a problem. Beautiful dog, but can climb into the big trash cans and knock the top off. This dog chewed on everything at my inlaws. If my MIL had known, she would have been out of her sorts. She did not like dogs and did not like that if she wanted to see her daughter, it meant she had to see the dogs too and they had to stay in her spotless house. Long story short, SIL did not get rid of the dog and its been destroying her house ever since. She sent this the other day. 1660951490255.png
For the life of me, why is the dog left alone in the house. I asked and she said the dog destroyed most of her trees, so, she has to stay inside. Yeah, SIL is a mess.... so, this damage isnt that big of a deal...lol... I'm guessing this is the dogs room. Who the hell knows.

Last edited:
Pretty dogs. My cat somebody went to the animal shelter and got him out and then dropped as a small kitten. I seen him along the road for three days so one day I stopped and he hoped right in my vehicle. Dummy me took it to the vet thought it was a female to get fixed and he already had a chip that told all about him and already had been fixed.

IY8lkO7.jpg

ShJYUlh.jpg
Looks like he owns the place.

Dad has a saying: You have one dog you have a dog. You have two dogs you have half a dog, and you have three dogs you don't have no dog at all.

My grandfather had a little Cocker Spaniel mix. Don't really know what all was in him, he came out of a litter from my cousins Cocker Spaniel. In fact he never really looked like the mom, but that little dog was the toughest little dog. He would take on grandpa's neighbors Dingoes, and whip all three, send them with their tails between their legs. He was very protective of my little sister when she was a baby; mom could put her on a blanket out in the yard and no would be able to touch her other than mom. Even grandpa could not touch her. To bad we didn't have DNA test way back in the 70's, it would have been interesting to see what was all in that little dog.

Dad has a saying: You have one dog you have a dog. You have two dogs you have half a dog, and you have three dogs you don't have no dog at all.

My grandfather had a little Cocker Spaniel mix. Don't really know what all was in him, he came out of a litter from my cousins Cocker Spaniel. In fact he never really looked like the mom, but that little dog was the toughest little dog. He would take on grandpa's neighbors Dingoes, and whip all three, send them with their tails between their legs. He was very protective of my little sister when she was a baby; mom could put her on a blanket out in the yard and no would be able to touch her other than mom. Even grandpa could not touch her. To bad we didn't have DNA test way back in the 70's, it would have been interesting to see what was all in that little dog.
My dad had the same saying when hiring kids to do work. "You hire one boy and you have one boy. You hire two boys and you have half a boy. If you hire three boys, you have no boys at all."

That saying aint right...at least not for me. My dogs have always been very individual. Some smart, some not so smart, some super smart. I think they have to know who alpha is, then they are puddy in your hands(that does not mean abuse, its just something that can be felt without being felt). Its not something you can acquire, its something in you so i guess maybe thats the difference. I have 4 dogs now, sometimes we have more, but almost always have 2. In a few years we'll be down to 2 thats why we kept the puppies.

Years ago we did have problems with a sib pair of pups. The problem was, they werent contained and they had a buddy. Got calls from a neighbor they were chasing cows.. Took care of them when they got home. This invisible fence is the best invention ever. Dogs stay contained with no chance of getting into stuff. Not sure if being sibs had anything to do with it, along the years we've had sib pups grow up together with no problems and before fence we had trouble with other dogs getting into stuff that werent sibs. But these 2 had pit in them and at that time, i just didnt have time to do anything with them. We took in their mother who then had puppies, couldnt get rid of 2 of them. They were nice dogs, just, mischievous and able to wander off and fed off each other. That, is not good. Lugnut was about 6 mo old when someone dumped her out here. She would have been a problem dog, but, she's ended up being very entertaining. Very fetch focused. She is aggressive to strangers, but all i have to do it tell her to get her ball. Then i tell people, if the ball is in her mouth, she cant bite..lol.... she will only drop it on command.

SO now dogs are a year old. B/W is super smart. Does many tricks. Fluffy one, no so much. He's not really interested in tricks but is a yorkie in a massive body.. Here's the problem..... Mac is over 100 pounds, Rio, maybe 70. They get along great, but, when they dont its really bad. Luckily, we have a kennel and had to put Rio in it while he healed. He started a fight with his brother and his brother almost took his head off. For a couple weeks, we alternated them in the kennel while Rio healed. A few days ago, we put them back together and they played and played. Still play, sleep, play. I know they'll fight again at some point. I have a muzzle handy, although neither really likes it. This morning i put out my old, 15 yr old, aussie. She started crap with our other older dog. 100 pound yorkie put an end to it. Rio, barked, but did not jump in. These dogs are sure a handful. I shutter at how bad they would have been if someone had just let them run loose. Mac doesnt know if he's suppose to guard, eat or chase cows...
332882438_720699786130486_1921053447652880953_n.jpg
332743431_1401641374004102_8483661264494625491_n.jpg

Cowgirl, for inter dog aggression I have seen instances where the canine teeth on the aggressive dog have been reduced to gum level and a root canal done and the dominant dog immediately no longer picks a fight, he has been disarmed. It is not a cheap procedure but it works. Removing the teeth is an option but they are very big teeth and a hell of a job to get out, usually lateral bone has to be removed.

Ken

Cowgirl, for inter dog aggression I have seen instances where the canine teeth on the aggressive dog have been reduced to gum level and a root canal done and the dominant dog immediately no longer picks a fight, he has been disarmed. It is not a cheap procedure but it works. Removing the teeth is an option but they are very big teeth and a hell of a job to get out, usually lateral bone has to be removed.

Ken
Interesting... i'll have to look into this if they continue to be a problem. Right now they are play fighting, which, they basically do all day.

Latest posts