Can mankind do anything..................

Help Support CattleToday:

Since the 60's (I think) talk of dropping a bomb/nuke on them has been kicked around. Apparently science doesn't believe that it will work and I have no idea if it's ever been tested.

George Bush's Hurricane Machine (the one he used to create Katrina) could probably be used in reverse........probably sittin in a big barn in Crawford Tx, but the controls for it are rumored to have been found in the White House basement after Obama took office..

25s0jds.jpg

Hurricanes are good for the environment actually, they help purify and cool the atmosphere. Just not so good for poor saps living on the coast.

Jogeephus":jucvdlnk said:
Don't know how effective it is but we pour a lot of money into HAARP as do the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIiRHrUbpE
Jo,
I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic......as always. I've been following the real and imaginary info of HAARP since 1994 (about the time AG invented the internet).
I don't have a clue what's going on, but I'm fairly certain that "we" do have some ability to manage the weather. From HAARP???? I don't know.
As for hurricanes; hurricanes need fuel. Their fuel is warm water. Yes, we have that..........a hurricane could be "killed" if we had a way to pump the cold water at the bottom up to the top.
We could even do it with controlled deep water nukes.
Either way expense would be huge, but we could do it. Problem is money. Too many people in high places make a lot of money when disaster strikes.
If this country could/would reallocate tax dollars, it is not an irrational thought. We have the wherewithal but not the necessary desire.

Shouldn't screw with Mother Nature! There is a reason they happen, a better question is why the more knowledge we have the less we are prepared to handle everything. At least that's how the news makes it seem. It's the circle of life people sometimes your at the bottom of the wheel sometimes your at the top but you won't ever stop it turning. :2cents:

No.

Nuclear bombs would be a radical prescription for controlling weather. Be like a teen treating his zits with hand grenades.

Ouachita":2r6btbtt said:
Jogeephus":2r6btbtt said:
Don't know how effective it is but we pour a lot of money into HAARP as do the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIiRHrUbpE
Jo,
I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic......as always. I've been following the real and imaginary info of HAARP since 1994 (about the time AG invented the internet).
I don't have a clue what's going on, but I'm fairly certain that "we" do have some ability to manage the weather. From HAARP???? I don't know.
As for hurricanes; hurricanes need fuel. Their fuel is warm water. Yes, we have that..........a hurricane could be "killed" if we had a way to pump the cold water at the bottom up to the top.
We could even do it with controlled deep water nukes.
Either way expense would be huge, but we could do it. Problem is money. Too many people in high places make a lot of money when disaster strikes.
If this country could/would reallocate tax dollars, it is not an irrational thought. We have the wherewithal but not the necessary desire.

I don't know how effective the HAARP is but I remember our government blaming Russia for meddling in the weather and causing a drought with their version. We have several HAARP setups around the globe so it must do something. How effective I don't know but from what I've read it is possible to change the jet stream. I would think if you could manipulate the jet stream you could manipulate the high and low pressure zones and if so this would mean that you could in theory pilot a hurricane. Granted its pretty wild stuff but I don't think it impossible. How far have we advanced this technology I haven't a clue.

The question should be why do people continue to live in places where death and destruction is an annual event? Controlling the weather is about as productive as controlling the stupidity of people.

How do we know HAARP, etc aren't possibly used to create these weather events? It does seem a little strange that 2 record breaking hurricanes strike the same general area in such a short time, and supposedly there's more coming?

Aaron":19ct6gzt said:
The question should be why do people continue to live in places where death and destruction is an annual event? Controlling the weather is about as productive as controlling the stupidity of people.

I don't think you can ever control the stupidity of people. Watching the reactions of some people to Irma has convinced me of this but if you could control the weather then you could mitigate droughts and this would be a powerful tool. We complain about droughts but the atmosphere drops as much rain every day as it does every other day just maybe not where we need it. Controlling this would be a powerful tool. Or weapon. Bottom line is we have so many people on the planet and something like this could either be used for good in insuring food for the masses or for bad - to thin the herd. I don't know but I think they can mess with things more than they are willing to admit.

There are hazards to living anywhere. Here in the midwest there are far more people killed by tornados and snow than people killed by hurricanes along the coasts. And we really don't have the option of leaving ahead of time. The Gulf coast of Fl hadn't had a significant storm for over a decade. it's just one of the trade offs of living where it's warm 12 months a year. The people I know down there understand the risk and feel it's worth the occasional hassle and/or hazard.

M.Magis":3a8t5jss said:
There are hazards to living anywhere. Here in the midwest there are far more people killed by tornados and snow than people killed by hurricanes along the coasts. And we really don't have the option of leaving ahead of time. The Gulf coast of Fl hadn't had a significant storm for over a decade. it's just one of the trade offs of living where it's warm 12 months a year. The people I know down there understand the risk and feel it's worth the occasional hassle and/or hazard.

Well put the Tampa area hadn't had a major hurricane in nearly a century.

Latest posts