Can I join the club?

Help Support CattleToday:

simme

Old Dumb Guy
Reaction score
Been reading this forum since the beginning. I grew up on a cattle and chicken farm, but got an engineering degree and worked 44 years for the same company. I recently retired with a few acres and a few simmentals. Trying to learn to keep myself entertained in my old age without working too hard or losing too much money on cows.

Welcome, and good luck with the not working too hard or losing too much money with the cows. If you figure it out please let us know how you did it.

simme said:
Been reading this forum since the beginning. I grew up on a cattle and chicken farm, but got an engineering degree and worked 44 years for the same company. I recently retired with a few acres and a few simmentals. Trying to learn to keep myself entertained in my old age without working too hard or losing too much money on cows.

What part of South Carolina? My mother is in a retirement home on Hilton Head Island.

:welcome:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
simme said:

What part of South Carolina? My mother is in a retirement home on Hilton Head Island.

In the Upstate near Greenville and Clemson. Several hours from Hilton Head. Closer to the mountains.

simme said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
simme said:

In the Upstate near Greenville and Clemson. Several hours from Hilton Head. Closer to the mountains.

Pretty country.

:welcome: Glad that you are finally sharing your wisdom with the rest of us. Since you have been keeping up to date on topics since the beginning, you must know everything about the cattle business (or totally confused.) What ever the case may be, Welcome.

Dsth said:
:welcome: Glad that you are finally sharing your wisdom with the rest of us. Since you have been keeping up to date on topics since the beginning, you must know everything about the cattle business (or totally confused.) What ever the case may be, Welcome.

As far as being confused, here is a good one. Ham Hamilton was a cattle auctioneer from the 70's. Sold mostly Polled Herefords. I heard him say this one time. "I am as confused as the little boy who lost his chewing gum in the hen house. I thought I had found it several times."

simme said:
Dsth said:

As far as being confused, here is a good one. Ham Hamilton was a cattle auctioneer from the 70's. Sold mostly Polled Herefords. I heard him say this one time. "I am as confused as the little boy who lost his chewing gum in the hen house. I thought I had found it several times."

I can't believe you've denied us pearls of wisdom such as this all these years. Shame on you!

Now hurry and post a few more times so your "like" button will be activated.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
simme said:
Dsth said:

I can't believe you've denied us pearls of wisdom such as this all these years. Shame on you!

Like button isn't active in the "Hi I'm new here" section

Nesikep said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
simme said:

Gotcha. It outta be. I'll look into that.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Nesikep said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Gotcha. It outta be. I'll look into that.

Sheriff still making you keep your bullet in your pocket there barney??

Latest posts