Can I do anything with this old cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle467":q9abaxt8 said:
Shaun7HL":q9abaxt8 said:
It sounds like the intial problem started with a leg back, I have been calving cows for a long time on my own and i'm only 34, the leg back calving problem can be an easy fix, no need for a vet. 9 times out of 10 the front leg is just hooked on the pelvis reach in and pull it out calf will live almost every time unless she has been straining for a be nice of a long time. The next case would be front leg back under the chest, this can be alot more complicated but can be done without a vet, simple push a calf's head clear back into the calving bed a gentle gentle gentle work that calves hoof up with the hoof in the palm of your hand so you don't rip the the calf bed, and if it is coming backwards push his ass as deep as you can and work the leg up the same way, but when pulling go alot slower with the calf pullers.

Maybe this can help next time

Good luck

Shouldnt have to pull one anyways if you use the right genetics. I have calved 160 calves the last 4 years and only lost one and it was not from dystocia the dumb arse got caught up in the barbed wire fence and when I found him the next day he was dead. Granted some time I will have a mal presentation but as far as other dystocias I have not.

Is that under this incarnation or does it include all your other alter-egos. You're just about to achieve Godlike status in the world of internet cattle raisin.

3waycross":3sl3w6w0 said:
Is that under this incarnation or does it include all your other alter-egos. You're just about to achieve Godlike status in the world on internet cattle raisin.

:lol2: :lol2: :clap:

.22 rifle will put most bovines down, no need to make the poster feel like you can't put a cow down without a bazooka. Draw an X from ear to the opposite eye; shot placement is the important thing.