Can I borrow a few dollars til payday

Help Support CattleToday:

The statistics of what the ranch includes is amazing.

500,000 acres?? Anything between 50-500 on top of what I have already would be all I'd want to manage.

Crazy

I would want a good accountant to look over the books to see if there is a real profit potential in the operation.
Even if all the legal stuff looks to be squared away I would still wait to make sure all the fussing and feuding was over with.

Ryder":xezgbxr7 said:
I would want a good accountant to look over the books to see if there is a real profit potential in the operation.
Even if all the legal stuff looks to be squared away I would still wait to make sure all the fussing and feuding was over with.

Pure speculation, but I doubt it's profitable or they wouldn't be selling it.

I don't think anyone is going to buy it for that.... perhaps a corporate interest?

Anyone else seeing how much a dollar gets you now?

I don't know if the horse breeding stock/program is included but it's got to worth plenty ( they have lots of lendary bloodlines and I think but I could be wrong, they bred Highbrow Cat )
It's also said there is lots of ground gone unexplored for oil and gas

If I were the city of Wichita Falls I'd try to work something out for water for the city

It an old ranch with lots of history and the sad part is it'll probably be broken up into smaller tracks and sold off

It would surprise me if T. Boone isn't involved in buying it

T. Boone Pickens--the legendary corporate raider?
I like his ideas and $$ making savvy but I'd sure be afraid he would gut the place for what he could get out of it and then flip the land piecemeal for more profit.

greybeard":1nbh768p said:
I like his ideas and $$ making savvy but I'd sure be afraid he would gut the place for what he could get out of it and then flip the land piecemeal for more profit.

Legendary ranch, but probably better piecing it out in smaller tracts than having some big corporation or enviro whacko group coming in and buying it up.

By my math that's right around $1,400 per acre for ground that runs 36 acres per cow... Something doesn't add up here...
I need to be at ten acres per cow and $500 per acre here to make things look worth doing. $1,400 for stuff that runs one third of what I'm used to seems maybe just a little on the high end... Even after you factor in that smaller stuff around here has sold for $1,000 per acre.
I'd say $150,000,000 tops. If you still need a loan with the new figure hit me up. I'm broke but I can send you some cows to show to the banker and boost your net worth.

I think the cattle end is secondary to the production potential
The hunting could be very lucrative as well
Two lakes on the ranch supplies water to the city of Wichita Falls and that may be more valuable than the oil before long

greybeard":2uj1pqzy said:

Flip it for cost and retain a percentage of the mineral rights.

Ryder":33k50t9q said:
40-50,000 barrels of oil a month is a heck of a start at least for working captital. All coming from less than 1/2 of the acreage. Should be room for another 10-20,000 wells.

denvermartinfarms":1vr1jn37 said:
Calhoun Farm":1vr1jn37 said:
Lord, I can't imagine trying to keep up and vaccinate 14000 cow plus calves.
I can only dream of such a thing.

Easy for a full time farmer, I'm a full time 9-5'er and part time farmer :)

Calhoun Farm":7bgwq5ny said:
denvermartinfarms":7bgwq5ny said:
Calhoun Farm":7bgwq5ny said:
Lord, I can't imagine trying to keep up and vaccinate 14000 cow plus calves.
I can only dream of such a thing.

Easy for a full time farmer, I'm a full time 9-5'er and part time farmer :)
:lol2: not easy for anyone, but if you got that many wouldn't be a problem for it to be your full time job.

Latest posts