Can high tensile be re-wound?

Help Support CattleToday:

It could probably be done using a spinning jenny with a handle to turn the jenny.

The stuff is awful. Wear good eye protectors and thick gloves and maybe a cup. :cowboy:

One important issue is, are you taking that evil barbed high tensile or smooth high tensile?

P1000704.jpg

I rolled this up by rolling the wheel along the ground. It's about 1000 ft that was used as a temporary divider. Of course a good welder could fix it up on a stand where you could crank the wire on. I'd get that done if I used it much.

dun":o0u1aews said:
It could probably be done using a spinning jenny with a handle to turn the jenny.

I got a brand new home made jenny under a tree in the swamp if anyone wants it. On paper, it will do most anything but butter your bread. In reality ....... well lets just say my fabrication and welding skills are .... uh .... lacking. :oops: :lol2:

I built a 6 wire (smooth, 12.5 ga) for a neighbor, and then his plans changed. I loaned him my jenny and he rolled it back up. I wasn't there, so I don't know. He said it wasn't a bad job.

john250":3qcfsrlx said:
I built a 6 wire (smooth, 12.5 ga) for a neighbor, and then his plans changed. I loaned him my jenny and he rolled it back up. I wasn't there, so I don't know. He said it wasn't a bad job.

That's probably the difference between have a Jenny and a Jezebel like jo mad

dun":2p8th89h said:
john250":2p8th89h said:

That's probably the difference between have a Jenny and a Jezebel like jo mad

:lol2: Definitely a Jezebel. She was crude as can be. I finally turned my back on her and left her by a tree in the swamp. I am glad that I cut my teeth fishing with a baitcaster cause this experience prepared me to work out the many bird's nest of wire as I toted the spool through the brambles and thickets.

hayray":npvtaqeu said:

Absolutely!!! I have some you can have. Of course it's been over-run by two years of bermuda runners but it's all yours if you can get to it! You might even find some insulators in there somewhere! Bright yellow ones!!!! :cboy:

A mower conditioner works really well. :frowns: Took a whole day to cut it off the reel, just darn lucky it didn't rap on the rollers or I would still be trying to cut it off.

jka300":3gotcrx5 said:
A mower conditioner works really well. :frowns: Took a whole day to cut it off the reel, just darn lucky it didn't rap on the rollers or I would still be trying to cut it off.

I'd be willing to bet this happened on the hottest day of the summer.

Jogeephus":3kzj90yd said:
jka300":3kzj90yd said:

I'd be willing to bet this happened on the hottest day of the summer.

You would be right. That whole week we were around 35 celsius. The bright side of the heat wave, it only took the hay 2 days to dry! :banana:

jka300":1f6ontvc said:
:lol2: I still have a couple of hundred ft of 12.5 gauge and a couple of hundred ft of muscadine vines wrapped around the drive axle of my 4240 from last summer.

It can be re-rolled but I'm not sure it is worth the effort. One thing, don't get any kinks in it because it will break the next time it is stretched and don't let it get away from you because it can cause some serious damage.

Latest posts