Can anyone spare a few dollars?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I really want this set. No. I really need these. Legitimate cattle expense?

19657454_1741194269511798_5856342897367364865_n.jpg

No but you never know when you need a good tiger gun but in this case it was a bear gun since it was in Gander Mountain in Anchorage. You might remember a similar Howdah in carried by Remington in the movie Ghost in the Darkness. Not something you would want to plink with but I don't think the recoil would be an issue if a grizzly or a tiger was fixing to get on you. Beautiful craftsmanship I think.

600px-Gd31.jpg

kenny thomas":3ja31ml9 said:
Sure its a legitimate expense. Tell them it's to shoot the fly control pingpong balls.

:lol2: :lol2: Sounds very reasonable to me. If I had money to burn I'd love to have this set. I doubt I'd ever shoot them but like art, I sure would admire them.

I just checked by pockets, wife must have needed a new Mercedes or something. Appears she has taken all of my pocket change.

Years ago there was a black powder pistol with case, casting die, powder horn, and everything that was "native" to this area for $1500... I think it would have been a sound long term investment.. I remember a picture of it, I think it had an ivory handle and was nicely carve.. Of all people, it belonged to the preacher in the 1880's or so

HDRider":mcz2rq4j said:
Why is there a rifle bullet and two shotgun shells in there?

It shoots that too just in case shooting a 16 gauge slug isn't stout enough for you. I believe the rifle round is similar to a 500 Nitro Express to give you an idea of the kick it packs. I couldn't find much information on the gun but what I glean is its for tigers and stuff and I think once you shot it your focus would be on your broken arm rather than the tiger that's eating you. :lol2:

HDRider":1mjegg1d said:
Why is there a rifle bullet and two shotgun shells in there?
It's meant to only be used when the tiger has climbed your elephant and is climbing into the howdah with you. I would think you would want the ultimate stopper, or a small 22 so you could shoot yourself before becoming tiger food/poop

Jogeephus":1ktdbr19 said:
No but you never know when you need a good tiger gun but in this case it was a bear gun since it was in Gander Mountain in Anchorage. You might remember a similar Howdah in carried by Remington in the movie Ghost in the Darkness (The Ghost and the Darkness). Not something you would want to plink with but I don't think the recoil would be an issue if a grizzly or a tiger was fixing to get on you. Beautiful craftsmanship I think.

600px-Gd31.jpg

The book was better than the movie - The Man-eaters of Tsavo. I like Michael Douglas but not in that movie. The book is worth the read. They were African lions, killing the Indian laborers building a bridge on a Kenyan railway.

people are talking about how it's such a low mileage truck, which is true, but they're farm miles, which are a lot rougher than highway miles.. I think it's a bit steep too, buy about 5-10K, and that's taking the tracks into account

Latest posts