Reaction score
http://cattletoday.com/photos/showphoto ... 20&cat=506
url]

Beefy":17kaa5d2 said:
dun":17kaa5d2 said:
Beefy":17kaa5d2 said:

And common mullein at that. Common name around here is diaper or flannel plant

how about indian tobacci?

Indian bacci is nicotinia. Plant is a lot different, almost a tree and with yellow trumpet shaped leaves

oadkins":dm6yep99 said:
Thank you for all the replies. Did a web search and decided to these grow.

its an attractive plant for the garden, though not long lived. i transplanted a couple from the pasture adn they did well long enough to bloom and seed but none of the seeds ever came up. it doesnt seem to be very invasive here.

Beefy":q529hbvs said:
oadkins":q529hbvs said:
Thank you for all the replies. Did a web search and decided to these grow.

its an attractive plant for the garden, though not long lived. i transplanted a couple from the pasture adn they did well long enough to bloom and seed but none of the seeds ever came up. it doesnt seem to be very invasive here.

It;s kind of peculiar because they rarely form big clusters of plants. Usually it's maybe a couple of plants in a general area and that's it. If you'ld like I'll send you a batch of seeds and you can try again

no thanks, i still have them in the pasture and also in the free pasture across the road. i dont worry about them. they are kind of cool. plus if times get much tougher i may need something to smoke.

mullein reminds me of another plant called "Lamb's Ear". same texture.

Also check for 'Verbascum', the botanical name, especially on the flower gardenung gardening sites.

Look for pictures on the Google or Dogpile image links. There are several impeoved horticural varieties with much larger and more colorful flowers.

Verbascun/mullein seed is a popular food with both turkeys and quail.

I try to not mow any moth mullein when I see it. Kind of a pretty plant

Latest posts