Camp Cooley

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Camp Cooley is Nov. 19 for cows and 20 for Bulls. Hear this is a good one. Anyone know.

Camp Cooley does have good cattle but their prices tend to be a little high & imo their brangus quality has gone down some in recent years when their focus shifted somewhat to their Charolais program. it still should be a good sale.

Steiner's sale is also coming up & they have some good bulls for sale. the problem w/their bulls is that they don't have brangus epd's. the have epd's generated by their own computer program. i s'pose they're somewhat comparative to the breed epd's. they also charge you an extra $100 above what the bull sells for if you want it registered. they did have some bulls with some really good carcass data for sale in the last sale & probably will again for this one.

they also charge you an extra $100 above what the bull sells for if you want it registered.

First time I've heard of that. Anything we have ever bought at a "registerd cattle sale" comes registered.

txshowmom":1e26qufs said:
they also charge you an extra $100 above what the bull sells for if you want it registered.

First time I've heard of that. Anything we have ever bought at a "registerd cattle sale" comes registered.

yep. i think i saw it in their last sale catalog.

I looked into reg. Brangus and thje IBBA papers I have say that it is the seller not the buyer that pays to tranfers the registration and to register them.

Thats true but if the buyer wants to pass that cost on to you I guess he has that right. We have NEVER charged anyone that we sold a calf to to transfer papers.

Hey Macon,

are you allowing folks to post as "Guest" again?

Latest posts