Camera help needed ....

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
OK, so I got help before with camera advice and I have picked a few that are available through our visa gold rewards program..

FUJI FinePix 10MP Digital Camera Boasts 12x optical zoom, panorama shooting mode plus face detection for beautiful portraits.

Sony Cyber-shot 12.1MP Digital Still Camera Sony's DSCW220B Cyber-shot®Digital Camera featuring 12.1 MP Image Sensor, 4x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilization - Black.

Fuji FinePix A820 8.3MP Digital Camera 8.3 megapixel Super CCD HR image sensor produces sharper, more brilliant, higher resolution pictures (there are only 6 left of this one).

Canon EOS Rebel XSi Camera 18-55 IS Kit Point and shoot ease married with technological innovation including Integrated Cleaning System, Live View Function, DIGIC III Image Processor plus a new 12.2MP CMOS Sensor and 3" LCD monitor. I really like this one but it is 128 000 points and will use up all that we have..

There are more but these are a few that people have suggested, I want to use our points for a new camera because I don't want to spend any money..

Thanks

I think I am going to order this one FUJI FinePix 10MP because it has 12x optical zoom.. Where as the other reasonable ones even though are 12 mp's are only 3x oz..

I don't know ,,what do you guys think ?????? I don't want a piece of crap like my last one.. :?

My 2 cents after buying MANY for use within the US Army... (We used all over the world for any purpose you can imagine)
More mega pixel = more clarity.
Zoom when used will also distort the photo, I always walk/drive closer rather than zoom (I NEVER use the zoom and wouldn't use it as a benefit).
I'd go with the Cyber-Shot myself... But it's your rewards...

I would go with the Canon HD. Had a Sony Cybershot, took alright pics, but I wasn't too impressed with it.
I now have a Canon Powershot SX10IS. Has 10.0 pixels. A great zoom. I can also shoot video with it.

The Sony didn't take very good pics of a funnel cloud we saw. my film camera (which worked now and then) took a better pic. JMO

The Canon should be one of the top ones to consider HD (in agreement with ILH). The 10 mp Fujifilm shouldn't be too far behind either. Either one would be great cameras to get your paws on.

I luv herfrds":9t54tq6q said:
I would go with the Canon HD. Had a Sony Cybershot, took alright pics, but I wasn't too impressed with it.
I now have a Canon Powershot SX10IS. Has 10.0 pixels. A great zoom. I can also shoot video with it.

The Sony didn't take very good pics of a funnel cloud we saw. my film camera (which worked now and then) took a better pic. JMO

I have recently done extensive reading up on cameras as I am also in the market for one. There aren't many reviews I haven't read. I have also tested a few cameras.

I Luv Herfrds are giving sound advice on the SX10 IS, that and the SX1 IS came up trumps in all the reviews of like cameras. Have a look on the Everything else board there is a thread I started not too long aho about camera zooms. The IS stands for image stabilisation in just about all makes of cameras, if you plan on any superzoom camera the IS is an absolute must. I haven't bought yet, but it will be the SX10 IS, don't really need the HD video of the SX1 IS otherwise the two cameras are exactly the same.

The Sont don't have a powerfull enough lense if you plan to take pics of cattle. The Canon Rebel is a great camera, but the 18-55mm lense is again just about the equivalent to a 3X optical zoom. You'll need a 70-300mm lense to take longer shots specifically of cattle and although you'll have the better product in the end the extra lenses become pricey and cumbersome.

I would recommend the Fuji with the 12x zoom if the image stabilization is good. I bought the new canon with 10x optical zoom right after the first of the year and it is great for pasture pics where you can't get close enough to your target. The pictures are not distorted and have enough clarity that even if I can't read the ear tags on the pic, I can zoom in with photoshop and they hold clarity enough to see the details.

bigag03":3e0a34l5 said:
I would recommend the Fuji with the 12x zoom if the image stabilization is good. I bought the new canon with 10x optical zoom right after the first of the year and it is great for pasture pics where you can't get close enough to your target. The pictures are not distorted and have enough clarity that even if I can't read the ear tags on the pic, I can zoom in with photoshop and they hold clarity enough to see the details.

Both the Canon SX1 and SX10 has 20X optical zoom and 10MP

I ordered the fuji 12X zoom .I was going to get the sony but at the last minute changed my mind. I want the canon but I priced them out and they are only around 800 dollars to buy so it makes no sense to use 130000 points which realistically we had to buy 130000 dollars of stuff using our card to get on a 800 dollar camera, the fuji is only 35000 points. So the fugi will suit its purpose for us at this time. Maybe in the future I will become a hobbyist photographer and will get a really fancy one..

Thank you for all of you help and input.. :tiphat:

BTW, don't be an @ss twisted..

Latest posts