calving signs...

Help Support CattleToday:

About all it does is pinpoint that may calve in the next 30 minutes or 30 days.

When her tail is held with a crook like a pump handle, then she is almost certainly in labor. But not all will hold their tail like that.

If you aren't able to know for sure when your cows get bred, make a little note in your calving records about how they stayed sprung. Most of the time they do the same thing every year. Some of mine spring for a long time, and others not nearly as long.

Dogs and Cows":2xfqcvat said:
M5farm":2xfqcvat said:
:lol: Vaginal

Not sure what this means...did I use the wrong terminology?

I am a very blessed person this morning. My first heifer calved last nite. I have a nice little black heifer calf on the ground. All seem to be doing well. I have not witnessed nursing or anything...but I am going to keep my distance because my presence is stressing out the mama. Thanks to all who have answered my questions. I am one happy fella this morning!! I have 3 more to go...whew! :banana:

Congratulations! Good luck on the next 3 and now you know firsthand what to look for.

Dogs and Cows":1rgjd2dz said:
M5farm":1rgjd2dz said:
:lol: Vaginal

Not sure what this means...did I use the wrong terminology?

I am a very blessed person this morning. My first heifer calved last nite. I have a nice little black heifer calf on the ground. All seem to be doing well. I have not witnessed nursing or anything...but I am going to keep my distance because my presence is stressing out the mama. Thanks to all who have answered my questions. I am one happy fella this morning!! I have 3 more to go...whew! :banana:

I'm sorry - the teenage boy in me just thought it was funny. probably because Of how I interpreted the word. Vagina-L

Latest posts