Calving Season

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Done, Finished, Complete our calving season officially started on 9/16/11, our last calf has arrived 84 came within a 60 day calving range, three went over the last being 72 days. We lost one calf out of a heifer we had puchased at a dispersal sale she had an 80 pound bull calf which was just more than the heifer could handle. Had one hard pull on a cow an upside down backward 85lb bull calf but mamma and calf are doing great, another light pull out of a heifer. Overall a nice calving season....but man am I glad its over. Hard to beleive that I just finished my breeding worksheet to start all over again, we are putting cidrs in heifers on Thursday so here we go again.

Gizmom
http://www.gizmoangus.com

Congrats! I'm always excited to see it come and just as excited to see it go.

congrats on a good calving season.its always nice when you dont have meny probs.how meny heifer calves did you end up with.i run the bull year round,an so far ive had 2 fall heifer calves 5 more to go.dont know how much the drought has hurt me yet.

Bigbull338

We had 47 heifers this year but one was twin with a bull so I guess you have to subtract her since she is a free Martin. The heifers outnumbered the bulls usually it is the other way around. 18 of the heifers are commercial the rest are out of registered cows.

Gizmom

gizmom":3d7xpqjm said:
Bigbull338

We had 47 heifers this year but one was twin with a bull so I guess you have to subtract her since she is a free Martin. The heifers outnumbered the bulls usually it is the other way around. 18 of the heifers are commercial the rest are out of registered cows.

Gizmom
you did great,cant beat having heifers.