Calving season thus far

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm sure Mike is a good cattleman Gizmon, just as long as he can read the scales right. Will you be recording the weight with Angus Society? I remember when I had my 18kg heifer it did not do the cows calving ease EBV's any good as it was regarded as an outlier. By the way my heifer went on to be my heaviest heifer at weaning.

Ken
I will submit the weight it is what it is. We weigh every calf within the first 12 hours. I know some don't they just give there best guess but we use a scale and report what it tells us. I still think that it is a twin but can't prove it. So that brings up the question can DNA test determine if it was a twin? Ken Mike also said the hair on the calf was very short when he found it and mouth was formed a little odd like lips not quite developed. He said he is amazed it lived snd more amazed at how fast he is growing

Sounds like he is going good Gizmon. Did the cow look big in the belly and did you notice much difference after calving? Hope he continues to thrive. My smallish one and I'm embarissed to call it small now after hearing of yours has gone on to be one of my best cows although she was from one of my best cow families. I too did search every where for a twin but to no avail.

Ken

Sounds like he is going good Gizmon. Did the cow look big in the belly and did you notice much difference after calving? Hope he continues to thrive. My smallish one and I'm embarissed to call it small now after hearing of yours has gone on to be one of my best cows although she was from one of my best cow families. I too did search every where for a twin but to no avail.

Ken
The boss and I are still on our road trip but get daily reports from Mike…..today's report

Mature cows moved to Field 6. Judge Roy Bull can now run like a scalded baboon.

We got home Sunday then the boss was admitted into the hospital on Monday to say it was a rough trip would be an understatement. I got sick first part and the boss took over for me the 2nd half. We are both on the mend but this getting old just pure stinks! Today after running some errands I had a chance to look at some of the calves that arrived when we out of town.2A8AF982-ED32-4680-A502-C3316885E57B.jpegthis is the recip that stifled after we put the egg in you can see bump on her rear end. The calf is a Renown heifer out of a Donna donor.

EA79325E-5F8C-4BA9-A887-33AA8A135500.jpeg
She is going to be a dandy

Latest posts