Calves with bad scours*Good Update!!*

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":1r46ugxe said:
FTJ":1r46ugxe said:
Get the cough checked out...before it become chronic.
Alice :)
Yes, do get it checked out. If it gets too far, even if they pull out of it, they will be "poor do-ers".

TNMasterBeefProducer":fr8onyk9 said:
Normal yellow sticky poop is fine. If the poop is bloody and you are finding what looks like little patches of Mucous (intestinal lining) that looks sandy colored here and there I would say coccidiosis. You might try getting some corid and treating their water per label recommendation.

I have yet to figure out the logic of treating with stuff without a clue if that's what is needed. A fecal exam by the vet can diagnose a lot of problems for a couple of bucks. Darn sight cheaper then treating with a shotgun approach.

One of the simplest, cheapest diagnostic tools you can buy and use is a simple thermometer.
Pull temps on some of those coughing calves and post with what you find. This age calf is perfect for a salmonella infection. Let us know what you find.

Larry

Vet did a fecal and it was negative for cocci. Gave me some syrum stuff and said to keep electrolytes going and feed smaller amounts more often. Thanks for all the helpful advice. I wish I had pulled my head out of my rear sooner. Thanks everyone!

he said it was either corona or rotavirus. He just gave me the syrum(the name keeps escaping me), told me to keep giving electrolytes and smaller more frequent feedings.

Latest posts