calves testicals not falling off after 53 days

Help Support CattleToday:

codymock

Reaction score
this is my first year of calving and my first time banding.im beginning to get worried as my calves testicals have not dropped after 53 days.to make matters worse after closer inspection theirs a yellowing above the band that im scarred is infection.im going to take a real good look in a couple more days and any advice on what to do or look for would be appreciated.other then that calves are akting and eating fine.

They come off at about 60 days for me. When I first started I was getting the band too high. That will cause more decay and deterioration of the tissue right at the location of the band (necrosis). Here is one of mine that just came off in December and I was able to recover it. The thread is probably the dried spermatic cord or at least the spermatic artery. If you take a look don't be surprised to get an odor. It is not unusual to have some of this tissue necrosis. If there is a lot of necrosis, you might want to give a tetanus shot. Use the tetanus antitoxin not the toxoid.
new4m9.jpg

Latest posts