Calves not shedding out

Help Support CattleToday:

campman

Reaction score
Has anyone been having problems with their calves not shedding their coats out this year.

A have wormed and given a group of 20 good mineral but it seems some of them them are not slicking up as quick or nice as I would like.

Need to get them sold. Anyone have any ideas? I wormed them with pour on 6 weeks ago and again tonight.

Thanks
Campman

Our calves very rarely shed out slick their first year. As they turn yearling they slick off.

dun

I agree with dun, some will only be really slick after their second winter. If its not too many head and they are gaining, comb them with an old hacksaw blade, that will take the dead hair off without hurting them

Feed them corn chops, they love them and it helps to shed their winter coats to a slick finish. Also, corn chops will put weight on them. Don't feed to much at once though. Start out a pound or so per 500 lbs body weight for the first couple of weeks

campman":229j9228 said:
Has anyone been having problems with their calves not shedding their coats out this year.

A have wormed and given a group of 20 good mineral but it seems some of them them are not slicking up as quick or nice as I would like.

Need to get them sold. Anyone have any ideas? I wormed them with pour on 6 weeks ago and again tonight.

Thanks
Campman

They will be fine.

Bez>

Latest posts